Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
toyota

cooler security

24 posts in this topic

My rack should be just about completed. I am now thinking of ways to 1. secure the cooler to the rack, 2. keep the cooler from being opened.. ive seen things from bungee cords to steel cables securing things...what setups do some of you guys use.. im looking for a clean install and dont want people stealing my food/icebeers.gif

Ahh Wil , I guess you went with the rack . Good deal I am sure. I haven't put any real security emphasis on my rack yet either kooky.gifbiggrin.gif . I was thinking coated cable or a chain, not sure yet. Right now just have bungees . I have even seen flat stock that clamps down each cooler. Hopefully someone will chime in soon. Hey did you get yours powder coated (I did ).

>>>>>>>>>>>>Martinbeers.gif

I'll have to locate pictures but I have a reciever on the bottom of each of my tow hooks. The one reciever gets a locking pin so the rack can't be stolen. I also add a cable on each side that goes over the reels to lock the rods in place and added a cable to lock the ice chest in. I don't lock the lid of the ice chest. If somebody is that desperate that they need my bait then more power to them.

i use a 'masterlock python' google it - you can put it around the bottom of the rack and overtop of the cooler and it wont bounce around, and you cant open the lid. you can pull it tight thats whats nice about them.

View PostSteal your bait ?? Ef the bait, the last time I packed a six pack, a slab of provelone a stick of supressata & some bread it ran over $30, save the food man, save the food!!

Good Man... when's lunch? drool.gif

Hooky biggrin.gif

You can't be too safe. I use my cooler for my plug bags and waders. I use a cable diagonally over the top to keep it closed and one through the handle attachment point to keep it on the rack. I always put the hinge to the front so speed and a gust of wind can't rip the cover off. I also remove the handles, reducing any re sale value some dirt bag may see.

Peace

View PostA good ol NRA sticker works fine.

one on the hip works betterbeers.gif

thanks for all the advise..that python lock seems to be the ticket. now i can rest some what assured that my sandwich will be there when i get back from the southside hehe

View PostLet's see your rac Wil when it's done.

will do martin...they had to get some new material so it took a little longer...hopefully tommorow or monday ill have it..