Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Slingin Eels

MV, beat the System once again.

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

Michael Vick, a criminal and canine ring fighting aficionado has mastered the phrase once said from former late great Monday Night Football commentator, Howard Cosell. Michael Vick, a former "clink mate", signed with the pathetic and embarrassing Eagles team to a two year deal worth possibly over 6 million (2nd year option 5.2 million). I like the fact that his monetary award of incentives can pan out to 3 million.

This "animal" has made history once again. Coming back to Nestle Football League, taking money that he is not even worth (last snap date)-maybe a towel on the ass in the clink. Plus, he is sitting on the sidelines while all of us are paying his salary. I love it.

Like Howard Cosell said, "Look at the little monkey run". Vic has mastered this saying and will be in Philadelphia scooping up **** from dogs with a pooper scooper to collect his incentives.

do you think that a welder, arrested for the same thing, sentenced to the same time...should, upon his release from prison where he served the time givent to him by our judicial system, be banned from welding..the trade which provdes him his money to live on..not to mention that a job/career is one of the highest enemies of recidivism...

View Postdo you think that a welder, arrested for the same thing, sentenced to the same time...should, upon his release from prison where he served the time givent to him by our judicial system, be banned from welding..the trade which provdes him his money to live on..not to mention that a job/career is one of the highest enemies of recidivism...

I would say that that decision belongs to the welding industry and individual employers.

No one has a "right" to a job. They have a right to seek employment, and employers have a right to deny employment for any lawful reason. Convicted felons are not a "protected class" of citizens and it is perfectly legal for prospective employers to disciminate against them.

In Vick's case, his ability to ply his former trade isn't restricted by law, as it would be for many licensed professions. It's basically up to the NFL--a private entity--in the first instance, and individual teams in the second.

The NFL allowed him to seek employment and the Eagles hired him. End of story. But people still have a right to their opinions, and don't have to like it.

Wiseguy, any minute now we'll have someone post talking about "intent"...

Just to head that off, if anyone has had an alcoholic beverage levitate to your mouth and pour itself into said mouth please let me know. This is something I HAVE to see....beers.gif

View PostWiseguy, any minute now we'll have someone post talking about "intent"...

Just to head that off, if anyone has had an alcoholic beverage levitate to your mouth and pour itself into said mouth please let me know. This is something I HAVE to see....beers.gif

^ icon14.gif

View PostMichael Vick served 21 months in prison then 60 days of home arrest.

Donte Stallworth served 24 days in prison for killing a guy with his car.

Add "while drunk" to the Stallworth statement...............Add "while imbecile" to the Vick statement.

But yeah, punishments don't really seam to match the crime, unless, in my mind, they were reversed. And I;m no Vick fan whatsoevaaaaah.

i'm usually skeptical when celeb/athletes screw up, get a slap on the wrist and then say publicly "i'm sorry and i've learned my lesson"...mike vick lost $100 million dollars and 2 years of freedom by screwing up...when he says "i'm sorry and i've learned my lesson", i actually believe him...

View Posti'm usually skeptical when celeb/athletes screw up, get a slap on the wrist and then say publicly "i'm sorry and i've learned my lesson"...mike vick lost $100 million dollars and 2 years of freedom by screwing up...when he says "i'm sorry and i've learned my lesson", i actually believe him...

I agree with this post.

That's a big price to pay and a hard lesson learned.