Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MikeMc

Lost my mojo

15 posts in this topic

Man, I've caught one fish since getting home from Canada in the beginning of July.It's gotten so bad that I wake up early and instead of going fishing, I go back to sleep. cwm33.gif Went out Thursday morning and threw a scum frog, a husky jerk and a senko and didn't get a sniff. Went out a short bit this morning and again, nothing. It's been so bad that I spent yesterday cleaning my house instead of fishing. cwm13.gif Oh well, maybe a week down the shore fishing the salt will change that.

the 3 trips to my local lake since I got back from Champlain...

Thursday 4am till 10am - using Senko swimmers and other swim baits, nada bite. Switched to a jig and briefly had a musky on till he cut the line mad.gif

Friday 5am till 10am - 5 bass on various jigs 1/8 to 3/8 and a crappie on a tube/jig. And another musky cut the line!!

Last night - 6pm to 11:30 - first bass caught wacky styling and on jigs 3 bass all decent sized for this particular lake and I lost a real good one getting a little over excited horsing him in frown.gif ... all the action came after 9pm...

I'll should return your mojo cause my house needs cleaning and the grass is out of control wink.gif

been having a good spinner bait bite right as the sun is coming up. not too much on buzz baits in the dark! senkos.. well they're senkos! !

im with ya man. ive also had a frustrating past few days on the water and was feeling pretty down until i came across an article where some pro simply said something like: if what easy every time we would have lost interest a long time ago. then he went on to talk about how we can have it all figured out one day and the next we dont have a clue and how thats why its a neverending puzzle, yadda yadda...

anyway, it gave me a little peace

Mojo is like the tide. It ebbs and flows. Try taking up something you are not very good at, like crochet or golf and your mojo will right itself quickly enough.

View Postheadscratch.gifDon't you have to have mojo before you can lose it! tongue.gifcwm27.gif

View PostIt's the stoooopid rubbing off from your compatriots in the repubic.....run !!!! biggrin.gif

you guys ain't helpin' none!! beatin.gifcwm27.gif

apparenty, I can't catch fish in the salt, either. cwm13.gif

incoming now, maybe I'll go throw a bucktail. cwm40.gif

Mike don't sweat it. Its been a weird year. Last year this time I was up over 200 bass on the lake. This year I ain't got more then 15. I just came off a 3 month break from freshwater and hit the lake last week. 3rd cast I nailed a bass. Since then I haven't gotten anything up there.

same exact thing has happened to me this year. ive gone to me honeyhole 5 times this year. last year i went over 50 times catching 5 and 6 pounders. this year the biggest fish was a 3 at most. and ive only caught 20 there compared to the usual 70 or 80

well, I caught some fish down the shore clapping.gif nothing big, a couple of short fluke, a small seabass, a short tog off of the rocks and my first ever stargazer. man, that thing has some freaky telescopic eyes. cwm31.gif The colors on the fins and tail were a surprise, too.

Those Star gazers are something else. I have a nice little spot that I fish for fluke from the surf and every year, on every outing, I get a couple of them. The first time I caught one I felt what I knew was a fish, then it felt like I was snagged. I just kept steady pressure on the line and he freed himself. When I pulled him out of the water he fell off of the hook and buried himself in the wet sand by the waters edge. It took him about 3 seconds to completely cover himself. Thats when I figured out what they do when hooked, they bury themselves and you think you have the bottom. They can also shock you so you have to be carefull when handling them. They give a new meaning to, a face only a mother could love.

Glad you got your Mojo back highfive.gif