Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
oldyankee

Wet Suit For The Surf?

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

Getting out to rocks further than you could in waders. Also, if you fall off the rocks your suit will float you and not fill up and sink you. Lastly, you can fish with your friends who wear them and then they'll stop out-fishing you.

After drinking lots of tea and juice your first set of problems start a few hours later. A few hours after that not even an alley cat will come near you. After a few days if you don't use diaper cream you will get quite ill with rashes and infections. I speak from experince. But I love my wet suit.

Mike

I would never under any circumstances go out in waders. Too many guys have been found floating upside down to chance it. Wet suit would be much better.

Personally I never get my feet wet.

-2bigsteve

If I plan on getting my feet wet I wear mine. It's gonna smell if ya pee in it or not.. Mine as well let it flow.. Hold your rod up and dunk yourself. And you only have to worry about you killing yourself..not a pair of rubber pants. just MHO

mine is coming today via UPS. I will be in SOCO from Sun. to Thurs. trying it out, I'll let you know.

I plan on wearing under armour heatgear under it to stop rashing???????

View Postmine is coming today via UPS. I will be in SOCO from Sun. to Thurs. trying it out, I'll let you know.

I plan on wearing under armour heatgear under it to stop rashing???????

what model?

how much money$$

View Post I plan on wearing under armour heatgear under it to stop rashing???????

Not a bad idea, but I've never really had a problem with rashes even when wearing mine for an extended period of time. The only place that has gotten a little raw is on the neck seal after about 10 hours in the surf.

Good luck in SOCO this weekend!

the one that came in the mail was too small, so i returned it. Went to Sports Authority and bought a 3/2 body glove for $120.00, figured fine for this time of the year. Fished Naps one night, 3 to 30".....Fished the Block one night, 9 1 short 7 keepers to 20#, and one dog.......

Gonna be looking for a 5/4 for the fall xl or XXl