Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Robert Williams

Honeymoon is over, folks.

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

Obama's general approval rating has dropped like a rock and is now at 47 percent and trending to the sewage drains underneath the basement. He's at a -8 rating.

Only the true believers are still trying to tell themselves that Obama's performance really hasn't been ALL bad.

The good thing is he is setting up the perfect climate for a real middle class revolution. Hopefully patience runs out in his first term and the republican party nominates the right guy.

53.1 in the RCP aggregate. Dropped a point since the normal weekend pro-dem bump factored out. Even the sympathetic pollsters are dropping his numbers. I suspect he's losing the August debate handily. His and the Dems reflexive attack on protesters being "Astroturf" fell pretty hollowly on the nation's ears, especially after the Portsmouth drooly lovefest, packed with acolytes bused in en masse.

The Dems can't help it - they go on attack at the drop of a hat. Nobody in the party appears to have sat down and thought through the political ramifications of attackting voters. The post-partisan President who never bucked his party in a vote has turned out to be viciously partisan. Almost as ironic as the candidiate who ran as a centrist who now governs as the most liberal President since LBJ. Cognitive dissonance, anyone?

Continue to grasp at straws. The only poll that mattered was taken last November.

But I suppose it is the only way to cope when you are completely out of power with no real prospects on the horizon.

tut tut tut, I feel for you guys.

I really do. tongue.gif

Keep holding hands, I know its a scary world you are living in. cwm31.gif

View PostContinue to grasp at straws. The only poll that mattered was taken last November.

But I suppose it is the only way to cope when you are completely out of power with no real prospects on the horizon.

tut tut tut, I feel for you guys.

I really do. tongue.gif

Keep holding hands, I know its a scary world you are living in. cwm31.gif

I felt the same way years ago when Bush's numbers started slipping from its high near 80%. And we all know how that ended up, don't we?

So don't worry about us, OA, we'll be fine. See to your own, heh.

I will agree the only poles that matter are in the voting booth. the problem is all those people that Democrats were able to convince that the republicans were evil enough to vote out off office have now seen the light unless the Dem's dig up the dead those same voters with give the senate and maybe the house back to the republicans. I really do wish there was a viable 3rd party to vote for. perhaps this is the time for it.

View PostI will agree the only poles that matter are in the voting booth. the problem is all those people that Democrats were able to convince that the republicans were evil enough to vote out off office have now seen the light unless the Dem's dig up the dead those same voters with give the senate and maybe the house back to the republicans. I really do wish there was a viable 3rd party to vote for. perhaps this is the time for it.

Which is why polls matter, otherwise how would we know those people have seen the light? Believe me, when Bush slipped into the 30% range it meant something - we discovered what it meant in 2006 and 2008. Obama dropping below 50% means something too, and we will find out what in due course.

The same Libs who now claim polls are meaningless were trumpeting them in 2004 and 5.

Tell me about it, THB. Polls showing Bush's sliding popularity were really important and valid but polls showing Obama's meteoric slide to the dumper don't mean anything at all. cwm27.gifcwm27.gifcwm27.gifcwm27.gifcwm27.gif

No biggie. Dem approval and trust is droping like a rock but that won't affect the next elections. wink.gif