Where are the War Protestors?

Rate this topic

basenjib123

haven't seen them in years,

in fact it seems once that incompetant Rummy was tossed on his ass things got quiet.

GOP can't stand it,

and has been rewriting history since.

first the silence was because the Media hated Bush and refused to broadcast good news,

then when Obama took office,

they pretended that the media WAS bashing bush for the two years prior,

and claimed the silence was now because Obama was in office.

Liberals have been pretty steady in their message,

Republicans have changed it almost daily to suit their needs.

Eggy 10-13

LAA 7-14

50-50 2-15

Libs don't care that Americans and civilians are dying in war, just as long as it isn't under a Republican president...the silence is deafening and completely transparent. Haven't heard much from the Hollywood elite on recent casualites either..."surprise, surprise".

"Where is my mind?  Waaaaay out in the water see it swimming?"

View PostLibs don't care that Americans and civilians are dying in war, just as long as it isn't under a Republican president...the silence is deafening and completely transparent. Haven't heard much from the Hollywood elite on recent casualites either..."surprise, surprise".

cwm33.gifcwm33.gifcwm33.gif

most "libs" that I know were in favor of the Afghan invasion,

and against the invasion of Iraq....

but were realists and knew that once we invaded Iraq we needed to be successful.

Bush and Rummy were bungling it terribly, and we got vocal in our dissatisfaction of what was becoming a quagmire.

After Rummy was tossed,

and Patreaus was given the reigns it became evident he was competant,

and we simply grew quiet and accepted reality.

now Republicans have been changing their story to fit their needs,

one story after another,

with no cohesion in the spin.

Eggy 10-13

LAA 7-14

50-50 2-15

Obama based his campaign on 2 things, primarily.

(1) He wasn't Bush.

(2) Pull the troops out of Iraq.

#2 was because that all the big crying point with the libs clear up until the economy tanked and gave them a new "issue". The war protests were really Bush protests. I know that a lot of people actually believe that they were protesting based on principle. That's what rationalization is all about. What should be clear by now to everyone, but was clear to some of us from the beginning, was the the democrats don't hate war. They hate conservatives and Bush was their lightning rod.

cwm33.gifcwm33.gif

again, Conservatives are changing their story,

during the election they were screaming with their hair on fire that Obama was a surrender monkey who would surrender Iraq to Al Queda and Iran,

now he's not pulling out fast enough.

Realists know the invasion was a mistake,

and just want the best possible ending.

which is why the silence started once Rummy was dumped.

Eggy 10-13

LAA 7-14

50-50 2-15

View Postcwm33.gifcwm33.gif

again, Conservatives are changing their story,

during the election they were screaming with their hair on fire that Obama was a surrender monkey who would surrender Iraq to Al Queda and Iran,

now he's not pulling out fast enough.

I won't call that a lie because I know you wouldn't intentionally misrepresent what's happening.

Cosnervatives are not complaining that he's not pulling out fast enough. We're just chuckling at all the crocodile tears from outraged hypocrites crying about the war when Bush was in office and demanding immediate retreat and pullout..... and then when Obama is elected, forgetting all about their anti-war angst.

We really don't have a problem with troops in Iraq. We've always been supportive of doing the right thing. We just have a problem with hypocritical democrat lip flappers who's perception of right or wrong is determined solely by whether it's done by right or left.

View PostI won't call that a lie because I know you wouldn't intentionally misrepresent what's happening.

Cosnervatives are not complaining that he's not pulling out fast enough. We're just chuckling at all the crocodile tears from outraged hypocrites crying about the war when Bush was in office and demanding immediate retreat and pullout..... and then when Obama is elected, forgetting all about their anti-war angst.

We really don't have a problem with troops in Iraq. We've always been supportive of doing the right thing. We just have a problem with hypocritical democrat lip flappers who's perception of right or wrong is determined solely by whether it's done by right or left.

??????????????

And everything Harry Mudd says is a lie

Fishman --
Give a man a fish and he'll eat that day. Teach a man to fish and he'll call in sick.

View PostI won't call that a lie because I know you wouldn't intentionally misrepresent what's happening.

We've always been supportive of doing the right thing.

I won't call that a lie because I know you won't intentionally misrepresent the fact that most Republicans view things thru a partisan lens.

you guys don't ALWAYS support the right thing,

just when you perceive a Republican is doing the right thing,

and usually you perceive all actions of a Republican as the right thing.

Eggy 10-13

LAA 7-14

50-50 2-15