Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
carp13

Ct River Question

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

I'm thinking about a nighttime excursion to target big cats on the river and I have a question.Does anyone know if I launched in Hartford (I have a kayak)and planned to get picked up at Wethersfield Cove say around 2am,would my ride be able to get in the parking lot/ramp in the middle of the night or do they have a gate that they lock after a certain time?I've fished the river at night before but I've always gotten picked up in Keeney Cove,this time I'm thinking that I don't want to paddle that far,plus the entrance to Keeney is really tough to spot at night,almost passed it up once.Thanks in advance.

on the DEP website, you can check the the boat launches and parks for times of access. that'd be the best thing to do. smile.gif good luck, there have been monsters being caught out of the river! i have a 6 pounder on the year but there have been various 10 pounders caught. go get em!

I got a nice fatty cat on sandworms in old Saybrook back inthe spring. Wasn't trying for cats! Weighed easily as much as a jug of milk, 8 lbs. I let him go, good luck catching that one again!