Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TatonkaJames

Hey, great new news about my back !

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

Since my bone fusion surgery in April I've been on the mend. Supposed to begin physical therapy next month.

Between that time I fell twice on the patio, stepping out for some fresh air every now and then cause I'm ready to bounce off the walls. Both times after a rainfall when it's nice and cool and smells all nice. Sneakers just went out from under me.

So I have an MRI done yesterday since I've been having a sharp pin like pinching pain in my middle back.

Results back today;

Compression fracture of T7

Arthritic spurs on T5 & T 10

Degenerative disc disease mid to lower spine with arthritic growth, mostly on T8 - T 9.

Small central disc protrusion at T3 - T4.

And here I thought I was on the mend. I knew the osteoarthritis was progressing fast with my left big toe swollen constantly and my hands starting to lock up, but the pain was a constant reminder of it from the toe to the hands, shoulders and elbow.

Now I'm bummed out. Thought I'd be back to work, fishing and playing golf after a couple of months of therapy but now it looks like I'm in for the long haul.

Not to mention the stress of the next three years of dental work when my braces come off next month.

This was a good week for my mother-in-law to give us a break and return to her home for a couple of weeks. Don't think I could have taken this news and taken care of the 90 year old at the same time.

I just don't know what to feel anymore ? I'm so bummed I actually cry in my wife's arms once a week. Being in pain for the past 2 years and now worse pain gets to you after a while.

Anyone know any jokes, I could use a good one right about now.

damn TJ sorry to hear of the setbacks...

you are alive thoughbiggrin.gif (thats my funny joke for you)

I predict you will improve faster than expected. back issues are brutal, I've got them but cant imagine what you're suffering thru

on another note, Dylans new release is awesome and he's cutting a christmas release as we speak. he played near me in RI last month with Willie Nelson but I coulndt swing it, regretting it

reading anything good to pass the time?

Hey Henry,

Thanks, I appreciate it. I heard about the new Dylan and that he played down south Jersey. If I was in shape I would have gone. My daughter bought me ticks to the Dead when they were here but it was too soon after the surgery to go.

I finished Conversations With God, Steel Victory (my dad's 737th tank battalion history), JFK and The Unspeakable, The Audacity of Hope (I'm feeling let down about that now) and I just started Jesse Ventura's "Don't start the Revolution Without Me." Had a new one delivered today by an author I met, Dr. Margaret Brisco called "Women in Transition."

Been working on a website hoping to get it going soon and writing of course.

But it isn't the same getting out to fish or golf.

Hope you and yours are well,

Peace,

Jim

There were two Indians and a Polish fellow walking along together in the desert, when, all of a sudden, one of the Indians took off and ran up a hill to the mouth of a cave.

He stopped and hollered into the cave... "Woooooo! Woooooo! Woooooo!" and then listened very closely until he heard the answer..."Woooooo! Woooooo! Woooooo!" He then tore off his clothes and ran in to the cave.

The Polish fellow was puzzled and asked the other Indian what that was all about, was that Indian goofy or something.

"No", said the other Indian. "It is mating time for us Indians and when you see a cave and holler, "Woooooo! Woooooo! Woooooo!", and get an answer back, that means that she is in there waiting for you.

Well, just about that time, the other Indian saw another cave. He took off and ran up to the cave, then stopped and hollered, "Woooooo! Woooooo! Woooooo!" When he heard the return, "Woooooo! Woooooo! Woooooo!", off came the clothes and into the cave he goes.

The Polack started running around the desert looking for a cave to find these women that the Indians had talked about. All of a sudden, he looked up and saw this great big cave.

As he looked in amazement, he was thinking, "Man! Look at the size of that cave! It's bigger then the ones that those Indians found. There must really be something really great in this cave!"

Well... he took-off up the hill at a super fast speed. He got in front of the cave and hollered, "Woooooo! Woooooo! Woooooo!" He was just tickled all over when he heard the answering call of, "WOOOOOOOOO! WOOOOOOOOO!! WOOOOOOOOO!!! Off came his clothes and, with a big smile on his face, he raced into the cave.

The next day in the newspaper the head lines read, Naked Polack Run Over By Freight Train!!

Hope ya get some relief TJ, let me know how that Jessie Ventura book is.

When I first met you here on SOL, TJ, I thought of this joke, as it reminded me not only of your screen name, but the kind of person I thought you were. biggrin.gif (Not anymore, btw).

A businessman boards a flight and is lucky enough to be seated next to an absolutely gorgeous woman.. They exchange brief hellos and he notices she is reading a manual about sexual statistics. He asks her about it and she replies, "This is a very interesting book about sexual statistics. It identifies that American Indians have the longest, average penis and Polish men have the biggest average diameter. By the way, my name is Jill. What's yours?" He coolly replies, "Tonto Kowalski, nice to meet you."

Hey TJ,

I'm really sorry to hear about your back problems.

All I can say is hang in there, you just never know, sometimes things brighten up when you least expect it.

You guys might recall that my knee is really bad.I've had 2 surgeries and the doc says there's no more cartilage to remove, you need a replacement.

Well, I put up with the pain, it was awful, constantly hurt,even just laying in bed, or driving the car, I hate pain meds, so I was just miserable.

I scheduled the replacement for April, but an employee of mine needed surgery, so I had to cancel.

First of June, I wanted to go to Block with Will.I call the doc and say how about a shot of cortisone - can't hurt, right?

He says it won't help, but if I insist, why not?

I go in, his assistant gives me the shot, and it's felt 90% better since.

It's been only 2 months, cortisone never worked for me before, so I just consider it a stroke of good luck for a change.

So that's my only point TJ, sometimes when things look really dark, ya just gotta hang in there, and just maybe a ray of light will peek through.

Best wishes.

depending on how compressed the t7 fx is,it can be repaired successfully in a same day in and out ambulatory surgery setting. ask your doc about vertebral balloon kyphoplasty. they insert a very rigid catheter with a deflated balloon into the compressed vertebrae under xray/flouroscopic guidance. inflate the balloon which in turn expands the vertebrae to give it it's height and shape back. then some type of bone cement is injected into the void left by the balloon. Works very well. I am an xray tech at a very large trauma center. I am assigned to one of the hospitals outpatient centers for orthopaedic spine and scoliosis surgery. I have seen hundreds of patients go through this procedure and the majority of them respond very well, including a few relatives who have had this done.

Good luck, hope you feel better soon.

View PostSince my bone fusion surgery in April I've been on the mend. Supposed to begin physical therapy next month.

Between that time I fell twice on the patio, stepping out for some fresh air every now and then cause I'm ready to bounce off the walls. Both times after a rainfall when it's nice and cool and smells all nice. Sneakers just went out from under me.

So I have an MRI done yesterday since I've been having a sharp pin like pinching pain in my middle back.

Results back today;

Compression fracture of T7

Arthritic spurs on T5 & T 10

Degenerative disc disease mid to lower spine with arthritic growth, mostly on T8 - T 9.

Small central disc protrusion at T3 - T4.

And here I thought I was on the mend. I knew the osteoarthritis was progressing fast with my left big toe swollen constantly and my hands starting to lock up, but the pain was a constant reminder of it from the toe to the hands, shoulders and elbow.

Now I'm bummed out. Thought I'd be back to work, fishing and playing golf after a couple of months of therapy but now it looks like I'm in for the long haul.

Not to mention the stress of the next three years of dental work when my braces come off next month.

This was a good week for my mother-in-law to give us a break and return to her home for a couple of weeks. Don't think I could have taken this news and taken care of the 90 year old at the same time.

I just don't know what to feel anymore ? I'm so bummed I actually cry in my wife's arms once a week. Being in pain for the past 2 years and now worse pain gets to you after a while.

Anyone know any jokes, I could use a good one right about now.

Move to RI, we'll get stoned together.... biggrin.gif

Thanks for the responses guys, made me laugh and tear up as I find so many of you take the time to show how caring strangers can be in this day and age, but not so unexpected from the SOL community all swell guys.

I appreciate all of you.

Going to use a lot of the info proffered when I see my doc tomorrow and Tuesday.

Peace,

Jim