Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Robert Williams

How to earn Obamacare and other "entitlements"...

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

I know what I have to do to earn a roof over my head. I know what I have to do to pay for my medical expenses and food. I know what I have to do to earn everything I've worked for. Yes, I gave away the punchline with that last sentence. I had to WORK for it. I was required to spend my time and energy doing things I am not necessarily overjoyed to have to do. It was of benefit to others and so a deal was made. I gave "X" in return for "Y".

And that's how it works. At least, that's how it should work.

What should people on the dole be required to do to EARN their dole. What should Obamacare recipients do in order to pay for the taxpayer subsidized handout? What should welfare recipients give back to the taxpayers in return for the dollars we're forced to spend on them? Sitting on one's ass drinking and smoking and doing dope doesn't count. Making more welfare babies doesn't count. Selling crack and hookin' in the streets doesn't count. Sleeping till noon and carrying on with lazy-ass-friends who are also collecting government $$$ doesn't count, either.

People need to have some skin in the game. All of us who pay for these government programs sure do.

What should people on the dole be required to do to EARN their dole. What should Obamacare recipients do in order to pay for the taxpayer subsidized handout?

Vote Obama.

My thought's have wondered into this area as well. My personal feeling is that if you have a job and are paying taxes then you should be eligible for "Obamacare". If you don't work then your not. The elderly is a whole nother problem but the system should be the same. If you worked during your working years you should be eligible. If you didn't then your not.

I understand this would not be universal healthcare but I also feel that if you work you should be covered and in the current system their are many people who work who are not covered and can't afford it on their own. That's the main point with me.

John

Well, Actually scratch that. The above is the 2nd point with me. The main point is the costs of healthcare in our current system.......Still both of these issues are top priority in my book.

View PostMy thought's have wondered into this area as well. My personal feeling is that if you have a job and are paying taxes then you should be eligible for "Obamacare".

Currently those who are unemployed or drasticly underemployed already have government health assistance. So do the elderly. It seems that unless those plans are going to be rolled into "Obamacare", in which case there exists funding for those costs already, the plan must be for working Americans. It seems only logical.

What would be best with such a plan is transportability of benefits. No more three months of being spanked with Cobra coverage costs while waiting for the new policy to kick in. No more being spanked with huge "out of plan" deductables when you move to another state. No more lost coverage if the company you work for goes belly up under you. That's where most people get screwed.

View PostAll you will be required to do is wear your baseball cap tilted to the side.

People who speak in complete sentences will be put on a waiting list.

My, how bigoted of you.

View PostIf you really need it explained then you are worse off than I thought.

I dont, I'm the one who said it. I'm just wanting to be amused at who YOU think it was aimed towards. You made the accusation. Dont be a ***** and not stand by it.

View PostI dont, I'm the one who said it. I'm just wanting to be amused at who YOU think it was aimed towards. You made the accusation. Dont be a ***** and not stand by it.

Apparently, in my town, you're bigoted towards the rich white kids stepping out of mommy and daddy's SUVs. cwm27.gifcwm27.gifcwm27.gif