Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JerseyDevil1

As rigged as its gonna get !

16 posts in this topic

This is my Outback with the newly installed FF and Crate idea I stole from a picture posted here ( A great Idea ).... I made my own flag pole from 1/2" schedule 80 pvc and two pole holders from 1-1/2" pvc... I cut the bottom off of one crate ( a nice tray )and hinged it to the top of the other with nylon wire ties and a bungy to keep it from opening up.. everything is strapped or bolted to the crates and makes loading simple.. Im not going to mount any pole holders in or around the cock pit as i would like to leave the left side as open as possible for the day re entry is needed and I like to fish from that side as well..

Any opinions on layout would be welcomed .

Ed

Also a picture of my 7yr old in a local pond !

Looks good. Getting ready to do some rigging on my own Outback soon. Just curious why you did not use a RAM mount for your fishfinder. Also what kind of fishfinder did you install?

Nice. That's about what I did with my Outback, except I had to use a small cooler behind the seat ('06 Outback with the small deep well behind the seat) and I use a RAM mount for the fishfinder in the same location as yours. Great minds think alike on the FF location, eh? highfive.gif I like having the FF on a RAM mount since it gives me a bit more articulation on the display without it hitting the pedals. Also, in the event I fall over (which I practiced last weekend), it just folds down if it gets hit.

Hey, JerseyDevil1, I like the removal of the rod holder covers; your pics shows more real estate there unlike mine which seems to get in the way. Were the rod holder covers held on by just a self-tapping screw, or was there hardware behind it?

Nice set up. I rented a Outback on vacation to do a fishing trip. It was a really nice kayak. It was not rigged like yours it was bare bones. Looks like the things you have added would have made for a very nice day.

You need to Goop two 2 ounce pan type sinkers on the bottom of the back of your pedddles so they sit upright. I would have liked to see a RAM holding up your fishfinder but its to late now.

View PostYou need to Goop two 2 ounce pan type sinkers on the bottom of the back of your pedddles so they sit upright.

Great tip, it's the little things I love about this place.

Do you have a photo for this for starters?

DBS

View PostYou need to Goop two 2 ounce pan type sinkers on the bottom of the back of your pedddles so they sit upright. I would have liked to see a RAM holding up your fishfinder but its to late now.