Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
joeturse

Motor Value

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

I have a 2001 Johnson 150 Oceanpro with 200 hrs on and in very good condition that I may want to sell.

NADA has list at $2,930.00.Anyone know what these motors are selling for.

The list price seems low to me.

seems high to me....

even with low hours, it is an 8 year old salt water engine.

your best bet at finding true value is to look around at CL, Ebay, etc.. and see what they go for.

I have had luck selling two ouboard on EBAY.

good luck.

View Postseems high to me....

even with low hours, it is an 8 year old salt water engine.

your best bet at finding true value is to look around at CL, Ebay, etc.. and see what they go for.

I have had luck selling two ouboard on EBAY.

good luck.

Checked out EBAY,and there was a 1999 Oceanpro with 400 hrs on it for $3,199.00

Have not decided if I want to sell it,or look for another hull confused.gif .It is on a 1980 Robalo that is waterlogged,and has a soft transom.

Fix it, I used seacast in my transom and re-did the stringers, its not so difficult. You'll have something better than the original, it'll never rot again.

View PostFix it, I used seacast in my transom and re-did the stringers, its not so difficult. You'll have something better than the original, it'll never rot again.

What is the make of your boat? I looked into the Seacast,and was told on the Robalo site that it was not a good fix.They said it was heavy,and I would have a hard time cleaning out the transom to get it to adhere.Also to get to the stringers, that are probably rotted,I would have to cut up the floor.

Were your stringers easy to get to.

View PostWhat is the make of your boat? I looked into the Seacast,and was told on the Robalo site that it was not a good fix.They said it was heavy,and I would have a hard time cleaning out the transom to get it to adhere.Also to get to the stringers, that are probably rotted,I would have to cut up the floor.

Were your stringers easy to get to.

I have a 20' center console.

As if , well its lighter than wet plywood.

And it floats, so how heavy is too heavy.

That makes as much sense as fiberglass is too heavy , because thats what it is, poly resin and chopped glass with BPO instead of MEKP.

Ask if any of the naysayers have any experience with it , you'll find they are only offering opinions .

I cleaned out the transom with a $100 sears elec chainsaw, its quite easy.

You don't need to sand it .

Neither does every bit of wood need to be removed, if its dry the composite will stick like stink. Flushing it out with 1/2 gal acetone displaces any remaining moisture. Watch the video of the whole process on the seacast website. There are no cases of seacast failures that I could find before doing it, and I looked, all I found was success stories on the internet. I have a chunk leftover from my mix , you can beat it with a hammer til the cows come home. Spilled some on the asphalt, thats gonna be there for a long time.smile.gif

I cut my molded liner ( deck) off, just cut around the perimeter with a sawzall and pop it off. After the work was done I just dropped it onto PL adhesive then glassed over the cut with tape.

If I were doing it again I would use nidacore , its half the price and just as good.

With a few power tools you can do this, I'm no mechanic, I'm a cook and I did it. Last yr I knew nothing about boats. Apply yourself.

Nida sells a pourable transom core material, I believe its some sort of ceramic based compound,

they have many other composites for stringers, some honeycomb types that become rigid when wet out with resin. I wouldn't be too nervous about ply stringers if they are properly sealed. Transom is less forgiving, once wet its wet for good.

My boat is 1974, the deck was cored with honeycomb cardboard.!

I've heard chris craft also did it that way.

Checked out nidacore and it looks interesting.It pours better than seacast,but I wonder how it adheres to fiberglass and wood.Could not find a lot of info about it.Going to keep searching.

The wood is removed when coring a transom, but it will stick to wood.

They will send you a gal free sample kit, pour it on some ply , see if you can pop it off. See their website for the free sample offer.

They make some very pricey high tech composites, I wouldn't expect low quality from them. If it didn't work I seriously doubt they'd be mfgring it.

Ask the reno huys on ibaots, I know a couple of them have gone that route.

Another method for stringers is pour nidacore out on a waxed layup table (formica counter or home depot whiteboard for shower walls) , let it cure then cut the stringer shapes out and glass into the boat.

You can remove and either replace or omit the foam, some guys use soda bottles glued in place with spray foam, not as much deck support if the deck sits on the foam like mine does.

And you could have had it all gutted and cleaned out by now.tongue.gif