Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
strobeguy

Shore Fisherman believed missing off Napatree Point Watch Hill

Rate this topic

62 posts in this topic

At about 10AM this morning a person walking on Napatree found fishing equipment and reported this to the police. With what was found (i can't say exactly what) it is beleived someone went into the water and did not come back out. If you know of anyone who was planing on fishing that area give them a call to see if they made it home. A search is presently underway and will continue into the evening hours. The items found would never have been left behind. So if you have any info feel free to contact me or call the Westerly Police at 401-596-2022.

I was out last night till about 1 am, when I left there were two other guys still out, one off the 2nd set of rocks and one working the pilings. I did see what looked like a plug bag left? or some other stuff? left on the dry rocks near where one of the guys was plugging. Just figured someone was lightnening the load.

I wonder what was found and why it made them believe someone went into the water?

Hope someone just lost gear and they are alright.

As I type this I am sitting on the upper deck of the BI ferry... I'm seeing a big coast guard chopper running down the coast from westerly and am wondering if this was part of the search.

I hope something was forgotten and no one died...

So he fell off a boat, swam to shore with a R&R, plug bag and waders and then just left it....And went home?? Seriously... huh??headscratch.gif Please tell me news 12 don't know what they are talking about

I did find 3 jersy guys fishing this am.... they had dry tops and VS and jersy hair cuts.... lol they ask me were the fish were.... I told them you can't catch fish on the weekend... the bass know its tourist weekend.. and they will be here on mon or tues... they laughed and we talked for awhile. Nice guys and I sent them up your way....beers.gif

View PostI did find 3 jersy guys fishing this am.... they had dry tops and VS and jersy hair cuts.... lol they ask me were the fish were.... I told you can't catch fish on the weekend... the bass know its tourist weekend.. and they will be here on mon or tues... they laughed and we talked for awhile. Nice guys and I sent them up your way....

Eff you,Mike.tongue.gifbiggrin.gif

Apparently he was fishing last night and a couple waves caught him off guard and really knocked the wind out of him. He was so overcome he just got up out of the water and went home leaving all his belonging behind. Fishing rod, tackle, eels, clothing, etc.. which was the reasoning behind the extended search. The PD checked with local tackle shops to see if they remembered anyone buying eels and they did not. Hours later he walked into one and told them what happened when they directed him to call the PD and search over. Guess it could have been a lot worst.

i seen a guy that didnt look that smart and askin were to go .. he did say he was in a boat that day so i figured he would be in a boat ... what didnt make sense he said what do i put the eels in ???? that was at one of the bait and tackle shops

What a waste of tax layers money.. Ibwonder how much fuel that chopper burns to fly from woods hole to westerly and back..

Glad the guy is alive, but what a waste