Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
scalywag

december

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

hey fellas

I'm thinking about renting a house on hatteras for the week after christmas. I am looking for a location with enough activities to entertain my wife and kids while I fishbiggrin.gif . We already live on the beach in RI, so that is not exciting to them any more. Any suggestions, we are looking at a cottage in Frisco right now.

thanks

We usually rent somewhere from rodanthe to avon. IF there are any stripers around they usually will be from nags head to the point. Mostly around Oregon inlet. The long drive from frisco to OI gets real old, trust me.

Of course the stripers have been a no show the last 4 or 5 years now. ITs been a total bust.

View Posthey fellas

I'm thinking about renting a house on hatteras for the week after christmas. I am looking for a location with enough activities to entertain my wife and kids while I fishbiggrin.gif .

Not likely to happen on Hatt. in Dec. Even the single screen movie house in Avon shuts down. Frisco will be a ghost town.

I'd consider the Nags Head/Kill Devil Hills/Kitty Hawk area if you need to keep the family amused. Much closer to Oregon I. The weather might be a little colder but there will be some shops open and a multi-screen cineplex.

No family places open in the winter. Closest family area would be Morehead City. You could fish Cape Lookout/Shackleford for drum and trout. Take a guided trip for stripers or 300 pound bluefins. Also fat alberts.

Might as well join in here. I will be in South Nags head for the week between Christmas and New Years.

I've looked through a lot of reports from last years time frame and could not find too many good reports.

Are there any smaller fish in the surf at this time of year or is it just hit and miss with the Stripers?

View PostMight as well join in here. I will be in South Nags head for the week between Christmas and New Years.

I've looked through a lot of reports from last years time frame and could not find too many good reports.

Are there any smaller fish in the surf at this time of year or is it just hit and miss with the Stripers?

Striper fishing has been lousy the last 4 or 5 years.

that being said, there should be puppy drum and trout around. think jigs, mirro lures.

I would look towards Morehead City,Topsail Island,Wilmington around that time the waters warmer and We catch Fish right up towards Febuary.Plus most everything is still open at that time.