Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Little

Liberty, complete with easy, little, words for the mouth breathers

Rate this topic

46 posts in this topic

Nice.....that's something the world should live by. Utopian. Makes you realize how far gone we already are as a crappy race.

Thats a good start, although by kindergarten we should start adding concepts like "sharing" and "community" and build from there. Maybe a bit later for the delayed kids.

Me me me me mine mine mine mine, is not acceptable behavior even for a four year old.

You can emerge from your cave any time you choose.

bali-cave-entrance.jpg

View PostThats a good start, although by kindergarten we should start adding concepts like "sharing" and "community" and build from there. Maybe a bit later for the delayed kids.

Me me me me mine mine mine mine, is not acceptable behavior even for a four year old.

Did you even watch the whole thing?

50 people will watch that and come away with 50 different meanings. As I see that I would say that liberty means:

abortion is a matter of individual choice because the fetus is part of me not an individual.

I should not have to pay for the Iraq or Afghanistan wars

I should be able to hire only white christians if I own the business, if I chose

Gay people should be allowed to marry

Drugs should be legal

It's always easy to try to make something look straight forward, but in truth things get very complicated once you throw in human nature. Obtaining even a reasonable amount of liberty is hard and must be worked for. I think the founding fathers understood this and based our liberties on a constitutional republic format, not a democracy. Everyone wants liberty as long as it follows their beliefs.

View PostThats a good start, although by kindergarten we should start adding concepts like "sharing" and "community" and build from there. Maybe a bit later for the delayed kids.

You say that Obtuse, but isn't forcing all of us to pay for everyone's Health Care exactly that? Me me me me, mine, mine, mine? Pay for MY stuff, give me YOUR money? No Choice.

Sharing and Community in that video is a CHOICE, not a forced decision by our Leaders. See, you DIDN'T watch the video.

Went back and watch some more.

Like I said, after age 4 you need to expand past that level.

But if such simplistic crap works for you, who am I to initiate force to stop you?

Thats a good start, although by kindergarten we should start adding concepts like "sharing" and "community" and build from there. Maybe a bit later for the delayed kids.

Barney the purple dinosaur teaches that sharing is caring.

That's the cute little feller's mantra.

cwm15.gif "Communism" and "community" have the same roots.cwm15.gif

When you hear leftists use the word "community" think "collective" because that's what they mean.

Collectivism = "SHARED RESPONSIBILTY."

Hillary Clinton was quite deliberative in choosing to entitle her book:

It Takes A Village To Raise A Child

As naked a collectivist proposition as could be.

View PostWent back and watch some more.

But if such simplistic crap works for you, who am I to initiate force to stop you?

but yet, people still don't understand the message in that video.

Even though it's made for a 4 year old, they still don't get it.

Sad.

View PostWent back and watch some more.

Should life be more complicated crap?

I look at my life as simplistic. I like it that way.

That video is poignant imo. People forget how easy life should be, and how instead we have made a convoluted craphole.

View Post50 people will watch that and come away with 50 different meanings. As I see that I would say that liberty means:

abortion is a matter of individual choice because the fetus is part of me not an individual.

That's because you BELIEVE the fetus is not a living human being because it's attached to the mother. But so is a Siamese twin attached to another human being. Yet both of the twins are human. And individual. In this case the question doesn't seem to be whether or not you understand the principle of freedom as depicted in the video, but rather whether your philosophical position that an unborn baby isn't individual and human that is questionable and even disputed by supreme court rulings. But I digress.

I should not have to pay for the Iraq or Afghanistan wars
Since our represenatives agreed that this was a necessary use of force for the sake of self defense and preservation, it's OUR war and we do have to pay for it. You may disagree, personally, but as a nation, we agreed that it was a necessary defense of our own freedom, as well as the defense of freedom for Iraqui citizens and the women of Afghanistan that suffered under the Taliban Rule

I should be able to hire only white christians if I own the business, if I chose
That's true. You should be able to hire whoever you want.

Gay people should be allowed to marry
Freedom does not preclude a society from establishing societal norms. Sister-screwing, for example, can be an illegal activity. Freedom does not mean that you do not need to follow laws of society.

Drugs should be legal
Maybe so. It depends on whether this infringes on the rights and freedom of others and there are some philsophical gray areas there.

It's always easy to try to make something look straight forward, but in truth things get very complicated once you throw in human nature. Obtaining even a reasonable amount of liberty is hard and must be worked for. I think the founding fathers understood this and based our liberties on a constitutional republic format, not a democracy. Everyone wants liberty as long as it follows their beliefs.