Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rapidfflow0

Need Some Advice

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

I am heading out towards Montauk for a wedding this weekend. I have monday and Tuesday off so I could fish a couple days. On top of that a friend offered his bungalow on Lake Montauk(?) not sure yet where exactly his place is located. I guess my questions are as follows.

1) Is it worth it this time of year?

2) What types of plugs and lures and size rods should I be bringing rather than bring the entire tackle collection

3) Without spot burning any basic suggestions as to where to start since I've never been out there?

I know this has been discussed in the past and I did go back and search the older posts was just hoping for some more up to date info.

Thanks

Also if there is anyone who lives out that way who would like to trade some time and advice on the rocks out there for a steelhead trip or a flyfishing trip on the upper delaware I have a cabin on the east branch of the delaware and a place in the salmon river area with drift boats at both. I used to guide both areas for around 9yrs would be happy to do a little bartering.

10 to 11 ft stout rod spinning .... needle fish and darters and eels tins ....

north side out going tide south side incoming tide ...bring korkers or you will get hurt ....

......there are still fish out there .. you just gotta find the bait

View PostI am heading out towards Montauk for a wedding this weekend. I have monday and Tuesday off so I could fish a couple days.

1) Is it worth it this time of year?

Thanks

I can't remember the last time fishing wasn't worth it.cwm13.gif

Well I made it back from montauk. Got out there late Sunday afternoon fished the north side near the light house birds working about two casts out skunk for me. Fished near the blue haven motel where I stayed sun night. Skunk again. Monday i flukes during early morn and rested during the day since it was the hottest day of the summer so far. Headed back out about 1 am and fished the south side near the sand beaches. Another skunk. Lots of weeds in the water Monday night. Overall had great time saw a beautiful area to fish and I will no doubt be back. Thanks for the tips and can't wait to get back outthere this fall