Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DaveS

Message to Veterans without healthcare

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

Just wanted to let ya know that if you're a Veteran and you dont have any healthcare, you should contact the VA about their healthcare benefits. I have been outa work for a bit with no healthcare and I need prescription meds daily. I went online at the VA site and saw they had a program for bennies so I called up for info, was told to go to my nearest VA hospital or VA out-patient clinic and sign up. Done deal, $15 co-pay to see the Doctor, $8 prescriptions smile.gif.

This is available to any Veteran, you do not need to be Combat wounded to take advantage of this.

Honestly I didnt know, I always thought for a Vet to use VA services that it had to be service related.

Maybe we can get this moved to the Main forum.

Dave your correct about co pay/combat duty but one must also meet income test to qualify for group 8. Then once in the system you make Co pay, if you go to a specific specialty clinic then Co Pay goes to $50.00 per visit.

When going to get into system take your DD 214 and make sure Block 24 shows HONORABLE.

If In Country VN be sure this is brought out for Agent Orange screening, bottom line is Right now they have a massive registration going on so Take time to stop by closest VA and check out your eligibility .

Income is what denies a lot of vets entry into system which i feel is BS how ever I have to play by same rules. Agent Orange exposure over rides a Lot of hoops/wickets to get in the system

Good Post Dave Thanks for Heads up to the Board members Al

View PostHonestly I didnt know, I always thought for a Vet to use VA services that it had to be service related.

Maybe we can get this moved to the Main forum.

Me too. That's what i was told when I separated, coverage ended 30 dys after sep date.

I have great coverage at work, but hope any to help any vet see this that needs it.

It's good to see true patriots get a break.

View PostDave your correct about co pay/combat duty but one must also meet income test to qualify for group 8. Then once in the system you make Co pay, if you go to a specific specialty clinic then Co Pay goes to $50.00 per visit.

When going to get into system take your DD 214 and make sure Block 24 shows HONORABLE.

If In Country VN be sure this is brought out for Agent Orange screening, bottom line is Right now they have a massive registration going on so Take time to stop by closest VA and check out your eligibility .

Income is what denies a lot of vets entry into system which i feel is BS how ever I have to play by same rules. Agent Orange exposure over rides a Lot of hoops/wickets to get in the system

Thanks for the info, al, and thanks for your service to all vets! icon14.gif

My dad, a WWII vet, can vouch for VA benefits...he doesn't always use them because he's been fine with Medicare and AARP but once in a blue moon he'll use VA for something that the other two won't cover, like digital hearing aids which he wears now.

Thanks for your service to our country, Dave. clapping.gif

View PostDave your correct about co pay/combat duty but one must also meet income test to qualify for group 8. Then once in the system you make Co pay, if you go to a specific specialty clinic then Co Pay goes to $50.00 per visit.

Thanks for the heads up Senior Chief and Dave!

-Senior if you have anything other than honorable are you automatically disqualified? I'm not asking for my self I have great bennys through my work, but I have a friend who was a Marine who had a GENERAL discharge for misconduct. He is struggling to survive and some help from the VA would be great.

Thanks

View PostThanks for the heads up Senior Chief and Dave!

-Senior if you have anything other than honorable are you automatically disqualified? I'm not asking for my self I have great bennys through my work, but I have a friend who was a Marine who had a GENERAL discharge for misconduct. He is struggling to survive and some help from the VA would be great.

Thanks

Your friend would be ok, website says "Anything other than Dishonorable".

I've been in the VA system for about 6 years and have nothing but praise for it.

Just got the best eye exam and a new set of glasses in July. I don't use them often, but they are there when I need them. And portibility's middle name is VA health Care. Once you get your VA ID you are good to go to any VA facility in the nation. Your medical record is tide to your social security and any Hospital can pull it up and seewhat your history is and how your doing.

It is not a secret, but you do have to pay attention. Don't get PO's if somebody didn't mail you or call you about it. If you are reading this, you have been notified. Up to you to carry your tail down and register.

IF you have a high income, you may not qualify for much, but if you are below a cirtian income level you will be eligible for everything.