Habs SR vs JR

Rate this topic

KGJ

Is there any noticeable difference in how the Senior and Junior lures fish? Obviously the seniors are worth a lot more because of the availability, but the styles look pretty much identical.

I'm thinking about picking up a few needles to fish, and I don't want to spend a ton on a collectible just to have it get all bit up or lost on a boulder.

Thanks for any info.

I've got a couple of Jr's 7" needles. Top quality & fish catchers. The only Sr's I have are stubbys, but the craftmenship looks, to my eye, the same.

A Curmudgeon's reputation for malevolence is undeserved. They're neither warped nor evil at heart. They don't hate mankind, just mankind's absurdities.

I have caught many fish with the 2 oz needle by Jr. So many that you can hardly recognize the beautiful paint job but it still catches and I will continue to see how far I can push this plug. As of late I have beeen doing damage on stripers with the white Habs Jr pencil popper.They work fine.

I also helped make the lures with John Sr and I am working with John Jr since he took over his father's trade. The lures are the same lures ,the only difference is that the hand on the paint gun is John Jr instead of John Sr. John never dreamed his son would take over and do such a fine job.

View PostI have caught many fish with the 2 oz needle by Jr. So many that you can hardly recognize the beautiful paint job but it still catches and I will continue to see how far I can push this plug. As of late I have beeen doing damage on stripers with the white Habs Jr pencil popper.They work fine.

I also helped make the lures with John Sr and I am working with John Jr since he took over his father's trade. The lures are the same lures ,the only difference is that the hand on the paint gun is John Jr instead of John Sr. John never dreamed his son would take over and do such a fine job.

And that he does. clapping.gif

John Jr makes excellent plugs.

Great to know. I never had the pleasure of meeting Sr, but Jr is a nice guy and it's great to see that he has the same standards of quality. I saw him smash a blurple needle into a door frame- gave the frame a nice dent, but the plug finish was untouched. Nice work. I'll wait for him to start up his retail biz.

I'd rather fish than collect, anyway... A little too pricey for me!

Hey Joe,, Has your brother Jeff fished that Herring Pencil he was showing me that he got from John at the show this year ?

I managed to snag one myself but havn't had a chance to fish it yet..

He painted up a awesome mix of that traditional color pattern..

Job Well Done,,icon14.gif

*I'm looking forward this year to fish with the eel-colored patterns of Jrs. new metal lips that he made ( Tally & Jtnd Jr.) Will be busted them out soon...

View PostSteve,I keep Jeff too busy tying tails for him to fish,wink.gif but I think he will find his way to the rocks to pluck some bassies very soon as the mullet party is about to begin here.smile.gif

lol biggrin.gif

yeah still dogs days of summer in Jersey, next full moon for that mullet run here..

Can't Wait !!!

I will keep you posted about them new PoJee's I got from you..wink.gif