Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
612fisherman

J.A Happ

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

View PostAnd everyone wanted to trade him!

Give Pedro one more start in AAA, Allentown. Seems they are rushing him and they don't need to. I would let Lee, Hamels, Blanton and Happ start and let Moyer and Pedro (if he does well) pitch 4 innings each. BTW, do you believe our weakest pitcher currently is Hamels? Happ has earned a starting position not only for last night but for the way he has started all season to include when everyone was talking trade.

Moyer is somewhat a problem because I don't think he'd be effective from the pen. He tends to give up runs in the 1st and 2nd innings and then the last inning when he gets pulled.

If you want him to split games with Pedro then you have to ask would you rather have the guy with a 90 mph fastball throwing first or the guy with a 80 mph fastball throwing 1st.

I tend to think that if you throw heat and then bring in a guy lobbing the ball it could be messy......

Pedro would be perfect from the Pen but I don't think he wants to pitch from the pen and it looks like he might actually have something left in the tank as a starter.....

" Maybe the Phils could rotate starts for Jamie Martinez and Pete Moyer. wink.gif"

cwm27.gif..... I think we won't be seeing much of Moyer the rest of the season unless someone gets hurt. Even if Pedro sucks I have a feeling they will stick with him..... Of course I don't think Pedro will suck.

I honestly think this team has a lot more to worry about than Moyer/Pedro. The bats better start hitting again because without runs and more likely homeruns this team isn't going very far. This team lives and dies by the HR and Charlie manages that way. What the hell happened in 3 weeks? The team was hitting well and Rollins stunk and now Rollins is hitting up a storm and the rest of the team stinks....... They'll come out of it, I just think it'll happen when they loose the division lead and once again we'll have a horse race to the end.....Exciting but not exactly favorableredface.gif

BTW, Happ is gonna win ROY if he gets 6 more wins and the Phil's take the division.

View Post

I think we won't be seeing much of Moyer the rest of the season unless someone gets hurt.

The only time you'll see him is in long relief or if they want him to pitch to a specific batter (someone he's had success against) late in the game. And just that batter... I like Jamie Moyer, but if he doesn't have the umpire on his side it's always a potential hit-a-thon. He should consider himself fortunate that he's still in the majors, collecting 13 million for this year and next...