Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HugeDinghy

sometimes the right thing happens

Rate this topic

18 posts in this topic

I was driving from CT to RI yesterday evening.

Volvo flies up on my arse, so I move to the side and let her pass...as she is going by I can see that its two women in the front and a boy, about 3 or 4, unbuckled in the back seat. So the kid is unbuckled, strike one, then she starts driving all recklessly (weaving in and out, riding peoples arses until they move over), strike two....

she takes off out of view and I am thinking if I should have callled the cops or not...I was really worried I was going to drive up an an accident from her and see a dead kid.

anyway about three minutes later I drive by and a cop has her pulled over, has her out of the car and I can tell he is laying into this b*tch...

made my day (and I needed it at that point)

View PostI thought it was Steve's volvo at the beginning......

clapping.gif

BUT! He doesn't tailgate, and needs the length of I-95 (yeah, all of it!) to pull back into the center lane after passing. biggrin.gif

Never would I ever do something like that..........smile.gif

And I love when payback happens..............

That's beautiful! Witnessed a similar situation a couple years ago on 93 North coming into Boston.

Traffic was pretty thick, as is typical on this particular stretch in the afternoon. Moving along, but thick. At one point, a gold Crown Vic passes me and happen to notice it's sporting State Police plates. I think nothing of it..

Another minute or so later another car comes bombing up behind me in the left lane at Mach 3, cuts over two lanes to pass me on the right, and then back across two lanes to the left. Big hurry, apparently. He disappears up ahead, and a few minutes later traffic suddenly slows to a crawl.

Evidently, Speedy caught up to John Law in the unmarked cruiser. The trooper had him pulled over dead in the middle of the left lane,with the kid's door open, leaning inside the car literally screaming in his face. cwm27.gif

Justice served.

View Post

Evidently, Speedy caught up to John Law in the unmarked cruiser. The trooper had him pulled over dead in the middle of the left lane,with the kid's door open, leaning inside the car literally screaming in his face. cwm27.gif

Justice served.

cwm27.gifcwm27.gifcwm27.gif I love it when that happens!!!biggrin.gif

Nothing makes me happier on the road than when I see one of these " bee-utiful " asshats from NJ or NY that are turning R.I into Cape Cod south pulled over on I95 in their Lexus, Audi, Beemer, Escalade, Vulvas, or Acura. Even better when they are in cuffs.highfive.gif

View PostI was driving from CT to RI yesterday evening.

Volvo flies up on my arse, so I move to the side and let her pass...as she is going by I can see that its two women in the front and a boy, about 3 or 4, unbuckled in the back seat. So the kid is unbuckled, strike one, then she starts driving all recklessly (weaving in and out, riding peoples arses until they move over), strike two....

she takes off out of view and I am thinking if I should have called the cops or not...I was really worried I was going to drive up an an accident from her and see a dead kid.I often doredface.gif

anyway about three minutes later I drive by and a cop has her pulled over, has her out of the car and I can tell he is laying into this b*tch...

made my day (and I needed it at that point)

beers.gif

I did too for a secondcwm27.gif

View PostNever would I ever do something like that..........smile.gifYou and I are so teched out and bring that into our driving habits. We drive like little old ladies, even when we are booking.kooky.gif

And I love when payback happens..............

Ain't it great!

View PostThat's beautiful! Witnessed a similar situation a couple years ago on 93 North coming into Boston.

Traffic was pretty thick, as is typical on this particular stretch in the afternoon. Moving along, but thick. At one point, a gold Crown Vic passes me and happen to notice it's sporting State Police plates. I think nothing of it..

Another minute or so later another car comes bombing up behind me in the left lane at Mach 3, cuts over two lanes to pass me on the right, and then back across two lanes to the left. Big hurry, apparently. He disappears up ahead, and a few minutes later traffic suddenly slows to a crawl.

Justice served.

Was that big vein in the middle of his forehead poppin' out in all it's purple glory?biggrin.gif

View PostNothing makes me happier on the road than when I see one of these " bee-utiful " asshats from NJ or NY that are turning R.I into Cape Cod south pulled over on I95 in their Lexus, Audi, Beemer, Escalade, Vulvas, or Acura. Even better when they are in cuffs.highfive.gif

Yeah, nobody in R.I., Taxachussetts or Connectthedots drives poorly!rolleyes.gif

Get with the program man!!! Everyone drives like an idiot except you and I, okay!wink.gif

Let's face it, our roads are getting more and more hazardous every year, and I am glad to hear this incident was interrupted by one of our hard working LEOs before something horrible happened.

Perhaps Racer-X even learned the error of her ways? Naaah!cwm13.gif

You obviously haven't been paying attention the last week or so. wink.gif

Steve believes that 700' at 70 mph is close enough tongue.gif

View PostYeah, nobody in R.I., Taxachussetts or Connectthedots drives poorly!rolleyes.gif

Get with the program man!!! Everyone drives like an idiot except you and I, okay!wink.gif

Let's face it, our roads are getting more and more hazardous every year, and I am glad to hear this incident was interrupted by one of our hard working LEOs before something horrible happened.

Perhaps Racer-X even learned the error of her ways? Naaah!cwm13.gif

Let's face it--the driving test is way too easy. 3 right turns, two left turns, back up straight for 100' and make a 3 point turn w/o jumping the curb---all done on city side streets. Most states don't even make you parallel park shakehead.gif

And there are people who take it 5-6 times before they pass cwm31.gif

I'd be in favor of this--you get 3 shots at your road test. Fail the third and you have to wait another 5 years to re-apply for a license.

I was driving to Brooklyn one night from the North Fork on Long Island. I was still on the north road before reaching the LIE. (rural one lane in each direction). A Mercedes convertible came up from behind at what I would estimate might have been about 100 or 110. He slowed down behind me briefly then passed at a curve in the road with double lines. Unfortunately for him there was a very large, very bloated, and very dead deer in the oncoming traffic lane. At his velocity, he had no choice but to just drive over it. The Mercedes looked like it had about 4" of ground clearance. Deer and spoiler parts went everywhere and I had visions in my head of the pig in the corvette on mythbusters.

View PostLet's face it--the driving test is way too easy. 3 right turns, two left turns, back up straight for 100' and make a 3 point turn w/o jumping the curb---all done on city side streets. Most states don't even make you parallel park shakehead.gif

And there are people who take it 5-6 times before they pass cwm31.gif

I'd be in favor of this--you get 3 shots at your road test. Fail the third and you have to wait another 5 years to re-apply for a license.

cwm27.gif I think the skillset needs to be more complex and you can take it as many times as you need to. The fees make the municipality money which is good, but if the test was a bit more costly it might make people get their skills down first.

Having to train to meet a higher standard of driving precision would make people better drivers, and those that could not hack silly things like backing with mirrors probably would have a hard time using the same mirrors to gauge traffic around their vehicle before they did silly little things like lane changeswink.gif

Don't you wonder what is going through a person's head when you see them driving like that? Going 5 or 10 miles over the limit is one thing, but when they are doing 80,85, 90 mph is something beyond my comprehension. They have to know that they are putting their life, their passenger's live, and the life of everyone else in danger.