Show Your Beach Cruiser Bike.

Rate this topic

lichum

View PostWe used to make our own with scrounged balloon tires and the old handlebars. Then Scwinn ripped off our idea. mad.gif

You were the rich kids. We used to "Find" another Schwinn Stingray, hacksaw the forks off and shove them on the end of our forks. Drill holes through both, throw a bolt through and presto, you had a chopper.

"Don't believe everything quoted on the internet, some of it is made up" ~ Abraham Lincoln

View PostYou were the rich kids. We used to "Find" another Schwinn Stingray, hacksaw the forks off and shove them on the end of our forks. Drill holes through both, throw a bolt through and presto, you had a chopper.

Great - now I know what happened to my old schwinn...

<ever come across a green Bianchi touring bike. that one got lifted from Sea Bright Public lot - and it was locked!>frown.gif

View PostYou were the rich kids. We used to "Find" another Schwinn Stingray, hacksaw the forks off and shove them on the end of our forks. Drill holes through both, throw a bolt through and presto, you had a chopper.

Remember these?

Upside-down bikes?

The ones in my neighborhood had no bracing between the extended handlebar stem and seat post.

Stakbik1.jpg

"Who is John Galt?"
Who?
You?

Those flat-sided Schwinn forks, the ones w/o the shock absorber, were super strong.

"Who is John Galt?"
Who?
You?

I must have welded a hundred pair of forks for my friends when we were kids. I hated choppers, but made $$ off of those who liked them.

Never saw that upside-down bike before, that's neat!

View PostGreat - now I know what happened to my old schwinn...<ever come across a green Bianchi touring bike. that one got lifted from Sea Bright Public lot - and it was locked!>frown.gif

Seabright was outta my jurisdiction.

"Don't believe everything quoted on the internet, some of it is made up" ~ Abraham Lincoln