Looks like the economy has finally turned the corner!

Rate this topic

Or the truthcwm13.gif ... Almost 100k less jobs lost, meaning in 3 months at that pace would be down to 0clapping.gif

NEW YORK (Reuters) - U.S. private employers axed more jobs in July but at the slowest pace since October, offering a glimmer of hope the labor market is stabilizing.

U.S. companies shed 371,000 jobs in July, compared with a revised 463,000 drop in June, a report by a private employment service said on Wednesday.

The June decline was originally reported at 473,000.

The median of estimates from 26 economists polled by Reuters for the ADP Employer Services report, jointly developed with Macroeconomic Advisers LLC, was for 345,000 private-sector jobs lost in July.

"It is of course worse than expected, but the number is well off its highs, indicating modest improvement in the labor market," said Dan Greenhaus, an analyst with Miller Tabak & Co. in New York.

The ADP figure is a proxy for some analysts for the government's non-farm payroll reading.

The U.S. Labor Department will release its employment data at 8:30 a.m. (1230 GMT) on Friday. The median forecast for non-farm payrolls is for a decline of 320,000 in July, compared with a 467,000 drop in June.

I believe he (RW) was being facetious....hardly a time to celebrate. I'm worried, right now about the next 10-12 months. I believe the 371K number is skewed with part time and season jobs- along with claims dropping off the back end.

View PostI believe he (RW) was being facetious....hardly a time to celebrate. I'm worried, right now about the next 10-12 months. I believe the 371K number is skewed with part time and season jobs- along with claims dropping off the back end.

He was implying only 30k less jobs were lost. Implying another year would be needed to get down to 100k.... Where as the truth is not remotely close to that.....cwm13.gif

Despite the shennanigans, I'm merely pointing out that the high fives I'm seeing lefties engaged in regarding the economy are premature. Don't like the presentation? Oh well. I don't like the insincere spin that the economy is really cranking along now thanks to BO. Truth is unemployment is still disastrous and the numbers of unemployed continue to climb and climb and climb.

Remember the most expensive "stimulus" package ever written was supposed to guarantee the unemployment rate not exceed 8 percent.

Suckers.

View PostDespite the shennanigans, I'm merely pointing out that the high fives I'm seeing lefties engaged in regarding the economy are premature. Don't like the presentation? Oh well. I don't like the insincere spin that the economy is really cranking along now thanks to BO. Truth is unemployment is still disastrous and the numbers of unemployed continue to climb and climb and climb.

Remember the most expensive "stimulus" package ever written was supposed to guarantee the unemployment rate not exceed 8 percent.

Suckers.

So you decide to lie about it, its ok for you but not for others....cwm27.gif Do as I say but not as I do...cwm13.gif

Yeah and people tell me no one doesnt want the economy to get better... right...cwm13.gif

View PostSo you decide to lie about it, its ok for you but not for others....cwm27.gif Do as I say but not as I do...cwm13.gif

Yeah and people tell me no one doesnt want the economy to get better... right...cwm13.gif

what, exactly was the lie, Cantilever? Or are you so damned stupid that you can't discern the difference between blatant sarcasm and a lie?

And if you think me being more than a little miffed that lefties are doing happy dances while unemployment is still soaring is because I want the economy to suck - so you and I and friends of mine can be the next victims? cwm13.gif

View PostSarcastic, yes. Where's the "misleading" part?

Because you made it seem like only 30k less jobs were lost. HOw else can you say at that pace in a year we will be down to 100k... When the truth is in 2 months we would be down to 100k at that pace.

Thats very misleading...