Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
atomb

Northport /Huntington kayaking question

18 posts in this topic

Where do you guys launch your kayak. Any of you guys kayak at night where do you keep your vehicle. I'm using a small trailer and have the huntington parking sticker. I launch my boat out of lipa-the hours on the huntington website seem different than the sign at the ramp. I also have the caumsett night fishing permit -can i drop the kayak in over there? where in this area can i park the truck with trailer and kayak at night legally? and if anyone needs a partner or some guys that are going out in the evening please give me a holler.Thanks

i m aware of all the huntington town ramps but im not familiar with the hours that they are open. I believe the lipa if memory serves closes at 10 pm and opens at 3am im sure im wrong but its something like that.

thanks for the link--Went down to cold spring harbor -no permit needed and vehicles with boat trailer can stay overnight - Now is a kayak a boat and number two can my utility trailer that I use be consired a boat trailer. I would say yes but im biased. Ill keep ya posted . there was only two signs there one that said no pemit needed and they other about overnight vehicles with boat trailers . KFS has very little in the way of Long island launches thanks for the tip though.

as far as wiki is concerned the kayak is a type of boat.

Hence my trailer is a boat trailer. Hope the law books are the same.

After doing some more research the internet show some different info about this are in terms of fees and restrictions -confusing to say the least.

View Postthanks for the link--Went down to cold spring harbor -no permit needed and vehicles with boat trailer can stay overnight - Now is a kayak a boat and number two can my utility trailer that I use be consired a boat trailer. I would say yes but im biased. Ill keep ya posted . there was only two signs there one that said no pemit needed and they other about overnight vehicles with boat trailers . KFS has very little in the way of Long island launches thanks for the tip though.

as far as wiki is concerned the kayak is a type of boat.

Hence my trailer is a boat trailer. Hope the law books are the same.

After doing some more research the internet show some different info about this are in terms of fees and restrictions -confusing to say the least.

you'll be fine.

I'm going to park there during the nightime sometime -ill post how it goes-ill fight the ticket if i get one.

Thanx ex bunker dunker most appreciated the good info...

View PostI'm going to park there during the nightime sometime -ill post how it goes-ill fight the ticket if i get one.

Thanx ex bunker dunker most appreciated the good info...

i go there 3 or 4 times a week. i have never seen any officials come through there.. the past 2 nights i saw some kids taking daddies skiffs from the marina adjacent to the ramp and blasting around the moorings and down towards 25a @ WOT.. so use caution..

good to know ill keep my eyes wide open gettin thru the harbor and then some. I have a stinkboat as well and cant stand the way some of these people operate their boats -knuckleheads..

View Postgood to know ill keep my eyes wide open gettin thru the harbor and then some. I have a stinkboat as well and cant stand the way some of these people operate their boats -knuckleheads..

i was amazed last night, than they put the faster one back on its mooring and loaded 7 kids into a maybe 14' skiff, SURFACE TENSION was holding the thing afloat, than the bastards didnt tie the boat up and it started drifting away.... the current through there is very strong.