Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Steve in Mass

Top Chef, Season 6

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

This was pretty good last night- some interesting personalities. It was too funny how lame that chef was at shucking clams. I think that one of the front runners has to be Jen - she trained under Eric Ripert. We already know who the jerk is- Mike.

So far, looks like a better cast than last season.

I think the french guy is talented and will go far in this season.

Did anyone else hear one of the contestants claim that Wolfgang Puck is one of the best 'new american cuisine' chefs in the country. *** kooky.gif? I thought he focused more on asian fusion.

They sure have a large group this season. I can't even keep up with who's who, not to mention figuring out their names.

What's up with the blond girl (complicated/confused) and her speech impediment? The tatooed/huge earring girl that got the boot deserved it - her dish looked like a fried horse dropping upck.gif ...and the judges thought so too.

Is Jen going to be a skinny Tiffani Faison, or a female Dale?

Watched it on tape last night, and as was mentioned, with 17 people it is kinda hard to keep track at this point in the season.

And yes, that clam shucking was pretty lame......cwm13.gif......with little necks that size, 15 should have taking about 45 seconds, 60 seconds at tops. And while I guess it was a requirement, WHY did they have to destroy those prime rib steaks by Frenching them? shakehead.gif

Also of note was the woman that said that she has been a "chef" for 15 years, but has never cooked shrimp....cwm13.gif

And another one that needs to go soon is the other ultra tattooed woman with the lip piercings......Donna kept saying it looks like she has two large zits on her lip.......shakehead.gif....I suppose that is unfair, as it a cooking skills contest and not a beauty contest, but...........

Hard to pick a favorite right now, but I think perhaps the girl that won the quick-fire (Jen perhaps?) and the bearded guy that won the elimination challenge will both go pretty deep.

View Post WHY did they have to destroy those prime rib steaks by Frenching them? shakehead.gif

i've always hated when people french any kind of rib chops...that's among the best cuts of meat on the animal that you're taking off my chop.

View Posti've always hated when people french any kind of rib chops...that's among the best cuts of meat on the animal that you're taking off my chop.

Yep....I am also not too happy when you get a lamb rack that has been "Frenched".....call my weird, but that fat/skin/bits of meat on the end of the lamb bone are often some of the best part.......(well, maybe not the "best", not I certainly miss it if it isn't there.)

that was always a big jody adams thing...frenching a bone doesn't neccessarially mean that its fine-dining...it may look a little prettier, but we're better off putting the best stuff we can on the plate, including the fell from lamb and veal chops.