Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
T_i_G_e_R

water quality south shore

Rate this topic

25 posts in this topic

View PostPick your tides right,& its beautiful.

Exactly!!! There is clear water practically every single day on the south shore. At one portion of the tide can be chocolate milk and another tide can be clear. Go down to the beach and fish different tides and log your results And you'll put the pieces together wink.gif

I got murdered on the open beach by grass yesterday, and also today in a local bay park. When should I be looking, tide wise, to dodge this grass?

Best regards,

The new guysmile.gif

View PostI got murdered on the open beach by grass yesterday, and also today in a local bay park. When should I be looking, tide wise, to dodge this grass?

Best regards,

The new guysmile.gif

View PostExactly!!! There is clear water practically every single day on the south shore. At one portion of the tide can be chocolate milk and another tide can be clear. Go down to the beach and fish different tides and log your results And you'll put the pieces together wink.gif

Same holds true for grass.

View Postokay.. so incomming tide is clear and outgoing is brown?

Not necessarily. Its different in different areas, but It can be clear at certain portions of the tide.

Now sure I can tell you exactly when its clear and when its not where I am but what would anybody learn from that?

Try fishing near and through the changes of the tide and see when is the clearest. wink.gifhighfive.gif

if your fishing the surf during the day this time of the year water color isnt the main problem its bait-if the winds not blowing in you face ive found its a waste of time

View Postif your fishing the surf during the day this time of the year water color isnt the main problem its bait-if the winds not blowing in you face ive found its a waste of time

if you're fishing midday anytime of the season is basically a waste of time

View Postif you're fishing midday anytime of the season is basically a waste of time

i dont know how it works on the north shore but in sept- oct even into nov you can hook up during the day(spring also)