Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
John M

bye bye comcast :)

Rate this topic

30 posts in this topic

hello direct TV

got a letter from comcast explaining the new boxes I needed as of September 1. so I just canceled them. Ivew been waiting for fios for a longtime.....but Ive had it with comcast....buh bye dont let the door hit ya in the ass ont he way out.

View Posthello direct TV

got a letter from comcast explaining the new boxes I needed as of September 1. so I just canceled them. Ivew been waiting for fios for a longtime.....but Ive had it with comcast....buh bye dont let the door hit ya in the ass ont he way out.

What new boxes?

View PostWhat new boxes?

apparently starting september 1 all tvs need a converter box. YOu remember the commericals about not needing any boxes? well its BS. so I canceled it. DTv gets installed thursday.

If you have digital cable then its ok no need for any boxes (we have digital in the family room) if yo have analog cable in other rooms (we do) then yo need this box. So I showed them the door, no nfl network etc on comcast......all std on DTv.......

Friends at Comcast said they are dumping old boxes because analog signals will be dropped. Makes room for many more digital signals for HDTV.

That's why they are marketing stuff like this now.

===============

Comcast First to Launch HBO On Demand® HD

HBO On Demand HD, Featuring Award-Winning Original Programming like True Blood®, Entourage® and The Wire®, Theatrical Films and More, Provides Optimal Viewing Experience to Comcast's HBO® Subscribers

Philadelphia, PA - July 23, 2009

Comcast Corporation (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK), the nation's leading provider of entertainment, information and communications, today announced that it is the first cable provider to offer the full HBO On Demand service in HD, bringing the ultimate HBO experience to its customers. As part of this initiative, HBO original and award-winning programming, as well as their extensive movie collection, content which has never been offered in HD On Demand before by any provider, is now available to Comcast On Demand customers who subscribe to HBO.

"Comcast customers will be the first to enjoy the full HBO On Demand product in high definition, including HBO 's original programming and movies," said Derek Harrar, Senior Vice President and General Manager of Video Services for Comcast. "No one does HD like Comcast, with the best and the most HD entertainment on your terms."

Comcast's HBO customers have unlimited access to the network's HBO On Demand HD service, featuring current and classic original and award-winning series, comedy, documentaries, family shows, world-class sporting events and motion pictures, allowing them to watch programming when they want and as often as they want. Top programming, from popular hit series such as True Blood®, Entourage®, The Sopranos® and The Wire® to blockbuster movies such as The Dark Knight, Mamma Mia!, American Gangster and Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, are currently available.

As one of the first video providers to offer HD and VOD services, Comcast is continuously expanding its library of offerings. This initiative with HBO and all of the choices available On Demand are part of Project Infinity, the company's commitment to innovation and the delivery of exponentially more quality content on TV, including more HD. Currently, Comcast's signature On Demand library offers more than 10,000 entertainment programs each month, including more than 1,000 choices in HD available anytime, anywhere and with the ability to pause, rewind and fast-forward selections. With more than 12 billion views to date, Comcast's extensive On Demand library features everything from movies, music and top TV shows to the most popular kids, sports, lifestyle and local programs. Comcast customers now are selecting On Demand more than 300 million times every month.

View PostFriends at Comcast said they are dumping old boxes because analog signals will be dropped. Makes room for many more digital signals for HDTV.

That's why they are marketing stuff like this now.

===============

Comcast First to Launch HBO On Demand® HD

HBO On Demand HD, Featuring Award-Winning Original Programming like True Blood®, Entourage® and The Wire®, Theatrical Films and More, Provides Optimal Viewing Experience to Comcast's HBO® Subscribers

Philadelphia, PA - July 23, 2009

Comcast Corporation (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK), the nation's leading provider of entertainment, information and communications, today announced that it is the first cable provider to offer the full HBO On Demand service in HD, bringing the ultimate HBO experience to its customers. As part of this initiative, HBO original and award-winning programming, as well as their extensive movie collection, content which has never been offered in HD On Demand before by any provider, is now available to Comcast On Demand customers who subscribe to HBO.

"Comcast customers will be the first to enjoy the full HBO On Demand product in high definition, including HBO 's original programming and movies," said Derek Harrar, Senior Vice President and General Manager of Video Services for Comcast. "No one does HD like Comcast, with the best and the most HD entertainment on your terms."

Comcast's HBO customers have unlimited access to the network's HBO On Demand HD service, featuring current and classic original and award-winning series, comedy, documentaries, family shows, world-class sporting events and motion pictures, allowing them to watch programming when they want and as often as they want. Top programming, from popular hit series such as True Blood®, Entourage®, The Sopranos® and The Wire® to blockbuster movies such as The Dark Knight, Mamma Mia!, American Gangster and Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, are currently available.

As one of the first video providers to offer HD and VOD services, Comcast is continuously expanding its library of offerings. This initiative with HBO and all of the choices available On Demand are part of Project Infinity, the company's commitment to innovation and the delivery of exponentially more quality content on TV, including more HD. Currently, Comcast's signature On Demand library offers more than 10,000 entertainment programs each month, including more than 1,000 choices in HD available anytime, anywhere and with the ability to pause, rewind and fast-forward selections. With more than 12 billion views to date, Comcast's extensive On Demand library features everything from movies, music and top TV shows to the most popular kids, sports, lifestyle and local programs. Comcast customers now are selecting On Demand more than 300 million times every month.

screw them.......just another rip off at the hand of the roberts clan........forget them. All the advertising they put out last winter and spring about the digital conversion said if you had comcast you were covered....now we need m ore equipment from them.....screw them. Ive hated comcast for years, they way they wrecked all the lcoal cable companies in the area, jacked up rates because they have a monopoly.

can ya tell I dont like em smile.gif

Only certain channels are gonna be moved.......unfortunatley, a lot of them are the few channels I watch.

And I also heard they will be running a promotion to offer free boxes (for like a year, then ya gotta suck up.)

I have one digital box on the main TV, and then two other TVs that have gotten these channels without the box......so they damn better well offer me a couple free boxes at least for the year........

What PO's me, is that over the last few years, by me they have moved some channels to the "digital" line up (moved them to number 2xx or whatever) that requires their box (Hallmark Channel, PBS from Providence, and 4 or 5 others), saying they were freeing up space to offer new programming. Well, tell ya what, it's been 18 months for some of these channels, and the old numbers they were on (54, 09, 27, a couple others) still get snow on the TVs without the digital box, and there has been no new channels in place of them.

Steve the roberts clan who runs comcast are well known skunks here in philly. They have always said one thing then done everything but what they said. Weve had chanels vanishing from the other other TV for a while now......nothing ever replaced them.

Ever see that show seeking answers with suzanne? that dried up old broad is the matriarch of the roberts clan.

The worst part is, John, is that Verizon has been trying to get into town here for about 2 years now, and our "Wise Town Fathers" (and I use the term "wise" as a disparagement) have thrown up every road block they can think of.

Seems Comcast kisses their arses on the "Local Cable Access" channels issue. Um, these channels (3 or 4 of them) have about 7 hours of actual programming per week, and unless you wanna see your kid in the school play or something, NOBODY would ever watch that crap. rolleyes.gif The rest of the time, they just roll over the same various town info every 10 minutes or so, hours on end. YES, I KNOW WHERE THE TOWN GARAGE, SENIOR CENTER, AND TOWN HALL ARE AND WHAT THE HOURS ARE! shakehead.gif

But you know, competition sucks, and government sanctioned monopolies are good for everyone.......wink.gif

View Post

But you know, competition sucks, and government sanctioned monopolies are good for everyone.......wink.gif

no doubt single payer will work......based on the other govt sanctioned monopolies I say things will be A-ok. I mean seriously.........all the govt sanctioned monopolies run like well oiled machines.

FIOS wont be here anytime soon, more of a cost beneifit issue rather than a govt issue at the momment.

Ever see that show seeking answers with suzanne? that dried up old broad is the matriarch of the roberts clan.

Where's Shante? I need her to put a curse on that old prune.

Cablevision did the same thing here. I have two boxes in my house both with HD signals. We get free HD service and the upgraded box is free.. however, the other 6 TV's I have in the house, only have a cable wire plugged into the back and we used to get channels 2-100.. which was everything but the "pay channels" they took away all the cool programing into non-box TV's. now, you get most channels between 2-39 but we lost history channel, amc, spike, E, MTV, etc.. most channels that you watch when youa rent watching movies, mostly channels my wife watches, but now shes on the HD TV's.. LOL

It sucks, but for me to direct TV or fios, you have to pay for HD, and for each additional box per month.. if you have 1 or 2 TV's it isntbad, but if you have a TV in every room practically your screwed and it doesnt pay.. unfortunately, I have to stay with the rat bastid cablevision scums..

a good thing about a cable tho is that the internet service is VERY VERY good.. very very fast, and great customer service and they have "fixed" my PC many times even with issues that arent cable related (video card, wireless etc) and we have our phone thru cable as well and its 29.99 a month flat rate including long distance which for us saves us about 50 a month.. so I guess we gotta take the good with the bad..

BC

View PostCablevision did the same thing here. I have two boxes in my house both with HD signals. We get free HD service and the upgraded box is free.. however, the other 6 TV's I have in the house, only have a cable wire plugged into the back and we used to get channels 2-100.. which was everything but the "pay channels" they took away all the cool programing into non-box TV's. now, you get most channels between 2-39 but we lost history channel, amc, spike, E, MTV, etc.. most channels that you watch when youa rent watching movies, mostly channels my wife watches, but now shes on the HD TV's.. LOL

Yeah, I have cable vision and deal with the BS of "blacked-out" channels. It's a complete ripoff as mentioned, with the lies the commercials said! And yeah, AMC, Spike, and History are some of the best channels mad.gif

But even still, I don;t know if I'd switch to satelitte or fios with all of the crazy fees and contract obligations. Sounds like comcast is just as bad. These companys really have us by the coconuts!!!

View PostYeah, I have cable vision and deal with the BS of "blacked-out" channels. It's a complete ripoff as mentioned, with the lies the commercials said! And yeah, AMC, Spike, and History are some of the best channels mad.gif

But even still, I don;t know if I'd switch to satelitte or fios with all of the crazy fees and contract obligations. Sounds like comcast is just as bad. These companys really have us by the coconuts!!!

the others have one thing going for them....they are not Comcast. biggrin.gif

F brian roberts and his blood sucking family.

My beef with Direct TV is the reception. When it's stormy, and you want to stay in and watch TV, the dang thing is coming in and out. Maybe this has improved over the past few years.