Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bob_G

Steroid use question?

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

I'm assuming there's a difference between a steroid like prednisone, and the steroids athletes used to muscle up. But, are there also some similarities?

People who are on prednisone for long periods of time (longer that a couple weeks) are told not to stop suddenly stop taking it. Prednisone is an adrenal suppressor, and you need to gradually decrease your usage, so as to allow your adrenal glands time to begin natural production on their own.

That being said, if any athlete tests positive for steroid use, does the same apply to him? Is his adrenal production compromised as well, and does he need to gradually stop using?

Or, are we talking about two entirely different types of steroids?

I think you're looking at anabolics. Something with highly anabolic properties and low androgenics(?). Any anobolic steriod NOT prescribed by a physician is illegal. I mentioned in a different thread - the steriod control act of 1990 prevented any of this type of stuff NOT prescribed by a physician.

But...I'm not a doctor. I'm an idiot who didn't study hard and ended up in the Army. (Thanks John kerry)

Anabolics are more of a synthetic testosterone, your body just doesnt produce any during the time of cycling, which is why your balls go north. Now if you keep using the crap than they may never work again, your libedo (sp) runs super high when using, and can be compromised, along with ability to rise for the occasion............. if your with me..........know what Im saying reading me loud and clear. Some other side effects are a caveman look, man tits, acne, liver damage and all kinds of other awesome stuff that should make anyone stay away from the stuff. My cousin was on 3 at once and really ended up getting pretty crazy, pretty big, and very stupid looking.

View PostAnabolics are more of a synthetic testosterone, your body just doesnt produce any during the time of cycling, which is why your balls go north. Now if you keep using the crap than they may never work again, your libedo (sp) runs super high when using, and can be compromised, along with ability to rise for the occasion if your with me. Some other side effects are a caveman look, man tits, acne, liver damage and all kinds of other awesome stuff that should make anyone stay away from the stuff. My cousin was on 3 at once and really ended up getting pretty crazy, pretty big, and very stupid looking.

why would he want to rise for the occasion if he is with you? cwm31.gifbiggrin.gif

View Postwhy would he want to rise for the occasion if he is with you? cwm31.gifbiggrin.gif

wow.....please tell me your kidding......hope I cleared that up for you, thats a line that should never be crossed.

View Postwow.....please tell me your kidding......hope I cleared that up for you, thats a line that should never be crossed.

Of course I'm kidding, but when teed up like that, sometimes it is really hard not to swing no matter who posted.

View Post^ No worries, I re-read that and I had it up on the extra long tee cwm27.gif ...anytime I set it up brother feel free im cool....had to clear that up though

Yeah, bustee cool icon14.gif

and ditto, I expect folks to bust my stones if i leave something teed up. wink.gif