Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
longbeard1

Casco Bay Bluefish Update

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

There was a lot of talk about blues down at the Saco River around the beginning of July. I also heard a confirmed report of a blue being caught off of Mackworth during that time. Since then I haven't heard anything about bluefish being around. It seemed like the beginning of July was early for those guys but they were there so I am wondering if the #s are starting to pick up...

FYI...i haven't personally seen any in casco bay yet.

just not in great numbers.

We have been bitten off several times, earlier, no lost hardware since two weeks ago. I think they streamed in with the heavy macks, and now are following the bait elsewhere, likely offshore. THere is a lot of really warm water not so far off right now.

My thoughts,

Jim

Haven't seen any in a month. There are a few around from what I hear but I can't find them.Water has warmed to the seventies on the flats and they are only active when the flood is in progress.Been very slow lately on the fly rod.confused.gif

View PostWhat general area?

I was wondering the same thing mabe some one couls shot me a pm, I would be fishing from the surf though, can I cach blues from the surf anywere?

View Posttry fishing at night.....too many blues to count the past 3 nights

Hi,Do you guide at all for the blue fish??I'm new to New England and I'd LOVE to get into some of the fast action bluefish i've heard so much about!!! I havn't had a fish on the end of my line since January 08 when I was ice fishing for walleyes in Saginaw Bay!!! I'd pay $100.00 for the day if you can guarantee at least one fish for the grill,$50.00 if no fish are caught.I have my own gear.It's trolling and casting gear.I havn't bought any surf casting/beach fishing gear.I'm sure my rods can handle a five pound blue or a thirty pound striper!! Either way,I want to hook into a fish and learn something new about fishing!!

Any blues being caught? Saw some surface activity the other day but not sure if they were blues or not. Had live macs in the water and they were not touched. My guess, they were not blues.

Anyone had luck?

None of the party boats in NH are running bluefish trips yet this year because there are very few around. That should tell you something since they are very profitable trips for the partyboat industry.