Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fish'nmagician

off topic from gubmint cheese thread #2

Rate this topic

48 posts in this topic

View Post

The way I see it, problem with the goverment is that when they get something right, they can't resist continuing to work on it till they screw it up.

yup,

I do NOT want to make this partisan, but the best comparison I can make are Bush's stimulus tax cuts.

This was designed to give a needed spike in car sales... but if it continues all that will happen is that everyone who might be buying a car in the near future will do so, and it will create a longer drought in sales when the program ends. So Uncle Sam pays a lot of money to make 2009 sales look good at the expense of 2010.

View Post

magish - you are too funny - the governemnt just spent a trillion dollars in stimulous money and the only comparison you can come up with was the Bush tax cuts.

can you come up with a better analogy?

the Bush cuts were sold as temporary cuts to stimulate the economy,

then they became permanent....

seems a good comparison to make to a short term program designed to give auto sales a kick being prolonged.

if you have a better one, please give it.

(for the record I thought I was making the point that I am AGAINST this sort of thing no matter who's plan it is, and equated Obama's plans with Bush's who I was very outspoken against)

read the stimulous pr0grams - loaded with nothing but long term projects with temporary funding.

and for the record, the bush tax cuts were never made permanent as you claim - they expire next year - and when asked about his campaign promise to rescind those cuts early - Obama's position is that it would be too damaging to the economy to end those early.

View Postread the stimulous pr0grams - loaded with nothing but long term projects with temporary funding.

and for the record, the bush tax cuts were never made permanent as you claim - they expire next year - and when asked about his campaign promise to rescind those cuts early - Obama's position is that it would be too damaging to the economy to end those early.

Tax increase for for working people. kooky.gif

View Postcan you come up with a better analogy?

the Bush cuts were sold as temporary cuts to stimulate the economy,

then they became permanent....

Wrong, incorrect, and a flat out lie.

View PostWrong, incorrect, and a flat out lie.

cwm27.gifcwm27.gifcwm27.gif

OK extended until such a time that a Democrat would make them go away.

cwm27.gifcwm27.gif

for any of the mouth breathers out there, I am sorry if I confused you into thinking I was asserting that Bush & Co. passed a constitutional amendment making the tax cuts permanent.

View PostWrong, incorrect, and a flat out lie.

I have hopes he'll find some loop hole in his example to ignore his false statement and keep the attention on bush tax cuts and not the dems drunken spending.

View Postcwm27.gifcwm27.gifcwm27.gif

OK extended until such a time that a Democrat would make them go away.

cwm27.gifcwm27.gif

for any of the mouth breathers out there, I am sorry if I confused you into thinking I was asserting that Bush & Co. passed a constitutional amendment making the tax cuts permanent.

thank you for not letting me down

the republicans never said they wanted temporary tax cuts. They wanted them to be permanent. As a compromise to the dems, they agreed to make them temporary so that they could revisit the debate at a later date.

View Post

the republicans never said they wanted temporary tax cuts. .

Bush didn't sell them to the American Public as temporary?

REALLY?

I would have sworn he did, right now I am using nothing but years old memory, but I would have sworn they were packaged and sold as temporary stimulus cuts.

View PostI have hopes he'll find some loop hole in his example to ignore his false statement and keep the attention on bush tax cuts and not the dems drunken spending.

actually Mike, if you are asserting that they were never intended by the GOP to be temporary, YOU are fueling further debate.

View PostBush didn't sell them to the American Public as temporary?

REALLY?

I would have sworn he did, right now I am using nothing but years old memory, but I would have sworn they were packaged and sold as temporary stimulus cuts.

bush and the republicans were quite clear they were not happy with them being temporary but that was better than no tax cuts and continued to call for them to be made permanent througout his presidency.

View Postactually Mike, if you are asserting that they were never intended by the GOP to be temporary, YOU are fueling further debate.

I'm throwing a flag on this one.

Talking about the intention of the tax cuts is a different debate all together.

You said, as matter of fact like, the Bush tax cuts are permanent. Your being told your wrong is all.

View Postsorry for the highjack - got caught up correcting some lies.

Mike,

when I prove you wrong, I will have the decency to say you mispoke,

or were wrong.

I don't throw around the term Lies and Liar very easily,

it's about the worst thing you can say about someone's character,

and some of you guys throw it around a few dozen times a week.