Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
steve1977

going fishing this weekend with the wife

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

we are going to hampton nh & sailsbury please forgive me for my crappy spelling now that we have some gear anything I should know about what to use? we will be fishing from the shore

any advice spots etc would be greatly apreciated

steve & nicole

Fish at night with clams on a circle hook. Stop in at Elm St Bait and Tackle on the way to Salisbury on Rt 110. Should be able to have consistent action on the beach front with fresh clams. As for a few fishfinder rigs at the B and T. Use the circle hooks so you don't gut hook the small fish. The North End of Hampton wear the beach meets the rocks might be a good place to start.

The suggestion of clams is a good one. Circle hooks are good to use, but you HAVE to know how to use them. If you try and set the hook you will pull the bait away from the fish.

When you feel a take (or see it, if the rod is spiked), drop the rod tip- point it right at the fish (taking it out of the spike first, if spiked) and just reel in.

Do not set the hook!

i hit plum island on the beach this weekend and got totaly skunked but the say the river mouth has been doing good if ya hit sailsbury i would go out by the needle in the state park

thanks guys for the info , this will be my first time out fishing from shore I do fresh water but getting tired of it , I hope i have everything i need if not the wife is on the same page when it comes to equipment take it slow find out what works .

Steve & Nicole

View Postthanks guys for the info , this will be my first time out fishing from shore I do fresh water but getting tired of it , I hope i have everything i need if not the wife is on the same page when it comes to equipment take it slow find out what works .

Steve & Nicole

Im still on that page and have yet to find out what works think its mainly find the fish i have only caught 1 keeper striped bass and 4 small skates i figured the ocean was full of fish but im rethinking that theory now lol

View PostFish at night with clams on a circle hook. Stop in at Elm St Bait and Tackle on the way to Salisbury on Rt 110. Should be able to have consistent action on the beach front with fresh clams. As for a few fishfinder rigs at the B and T. Use the circle hooks so you don't gut hook the small fish. The North End of Hampton wear the beach meets the rocks might be a good place to start.

you live in holden? we are in spencersmile.gif

steve & nicole