22 posts in this topic

smile.gif

Former Super Bowl star Burress indicted on weapons charges

Story Highlights

Receiver who caught winning TD in 2008 Super Bowl could get 3 1/2 years

Plaxico Burress, 31, faces two counts of criminal possession of a weapon

Former NY Giants star also indicted on one count of reckless endangerment

By Arash Markazi, SI.com

Former New York Giants wide receiver Plaxico Burress was indicted by a Manhattan grand jury on weapons charges stemming from an incident last November in which Burress accidentally shot himself in the thigh at a New York nightclub, prosecutors announced Monday.

Burress, 31, was indicted on two felony counts of criminal possession of a weapon and one count of reckless endangerment, according to the announcement by the Manhattan District Attorney Robert Morgenthau.

New York Giants linebacker Antonio Pierce, Burress' former teammate who was with him at the club and drove him to the hospital, was not indicted for his role in the incident, according to the prosecutor's announcement.

No one else is likely to face charges in the case, Morgenthau said.

Burress faces 3� to 15 years in prison if convicted of the weapon possession charges, and up to one year if convicted of the reckless endangerment charge, according to the announcement. If convicted of both charges, his sentences for the two would run concurrently. He pleaded not guilty to weapons charges earlier this year and is free on $100,000 bail.

"The case was treated like any similar case against any other defendant," Morgenthau said in the statement. "The grand jury did what it thought was fair."

Burress, who caught the winning touchdown for the Giants over the New England Patriots in the final minute of last year's Super Bowl, was released by the Giants in April and has yet to sign with another team. He could face disciplinary action by NFL commissioner Roger Goodell under the league's personal conduct policy if and when he returns to the league.

MCCANN: Prison likely for Burress

I'll see your Plaxico Burress and raise you Irving Fryar tongue.gif

And who was the stud lineman who got his lights punched out by a bouncer at the Foxy in Providence?

View PostI'll see your Plaxico Burress and raise you Irving Fryar tongue.gif

And who was the stud lineman who got his lights punched out by a bouncer at the Foxy in Providence?

biggrin.gif ....ahhh Irving, yeah even Burress never managed to get the nickname Fryar did........"the human incident"........forget which sportswriter tagged him with that one.

View Post'Hero to Zero'...actually I feel bad for him since he really didn't hurt anyone but himself and I don't think he was out to harm anyone either,

I feel sorry for why?? Because he didn`t shoot someones kid? He carries a handgun that`s not even his into a club knowing full well that even if someone walked up to him with a bat and he shoot them he would still be going to jail!

Hero to zero maybe, but please don`t feel sorry for him! I don`t care what barkely sayes about it! You should feel mad about it! I would if my 21yr old kid was in that club!

If it happened to my team i`d be saying the same thing! I guess that is the difference between me and you!

View PostI feel sorry for why?? Because he didn`t shoot someones kid? He carries a handgun that`s not even his into a club knowing full well that even if someone walked up to him with a bat and he shoot them he would still be going to jail!

Hero to zero maybe, but please don`t feel sorry for him! I don`t care what barkely sayes about it! You should feel mad about it! I would if my 21yr old kid was in that club!

If it happened to my team i`d be saying the same thing! I guess that is the difference between me and you!

albie's not a Giants fan--well, at least not this week. wink.gif

And if you look at past threads from the incident itself, I was in favor of giving this clown his outright release the day after it happened. The only thing I feel bad about is him taking the Giants to arbitration and winning.

As bad as having the gun was, carrying it the way he was (stuffed into the waistband of a pair of loose sweatpants) was even worse. Legal gun owners in NYC have a tough enough time of it already without morons adding fuel to the anti-gun fire by carrying guns irresponsibly.

between off field incidents, domestics, dwi's not to mention celebrating simple plays like a tackle or a first down , acting like a stooge on the field, and generally criminal behavior I feel like the last guy out here who wants the game to go back to being classy. How the hell do you dress your kid in a Shockey jersey or Chad Johnson or ray lewis. I dont get it i dont think I ever will, Drop jacobs and Pierce for their involvement and forget about Buress. These guys are not needed. remeber when tampa paid keyshawn 2 million not to come to work, because he was so distracting

View PostI'll see your Plaxico Burress and raise you Irving Fryar tongue.gif

Irving was a troubled soul. Who was the linemen Ditch and was he hammered before he got hammered? smile.gif

That would be Reverend Irving Fryar now...he found the lord! Can I get an AMEN? Burress better find the lord in a hurry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NZmRhZsXuA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NZmRhZsXuA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NZmRhZsXuA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object> object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NZmRhZsXuA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NZmRhZsXuA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NZmRhZsXuA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>