Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HL

Twelve fly rods for sale - Fund Raiser for SOL

35 posts in this topic

HL,

I will take this one for your asking price,

"Five Rivers FT #6 - this is an interesting rod. One season I caught bluegills in Wisconsin tip-casting a #6, and keeper stripers on Cape Cod on the very firm butt with a #8. The tip is soft allowing 50'-60' casts with a #6 line. The mid-section on down is extremely firm allowing the use of a #8 line.

Great fish fighting rod - $125 with sock only."

as my first fly fishing rod ever! I'm excited if you can't tell.

Herb, I'm thinking I'll take the Affinity 8. Loving that Five Rivers 9 too, but I have to decide just one. Leaning towards the 8. Care to elaborate further on these 2? Alway look forward to your posts, analysis. Thanks.

Dave

O.K. we are now back in bussiness. Originally Tim had allowed the notice of sale in the Fly Fishing Forum since it is a fund raiser for SOL. BUT the actual transaction had/has to take place here on the BST Forum. My error in not understanding initial instructions.

Dave Cap is still protected on the FT #9 and the CTS #8 until he states his choice on this site.

Other than these,the sold rods are marked as SOLD.

I did not discuss custom rod warranty in prior thread, so I would like to discuss here.

"If you break or lose a ceramic guide, I will replace it for cost of the guide and postage back to you. If you break or lose a running guide I will replace it free of charge but you pay postage back to you.

If you break a section I will endeavour to facilitate the replacement from the manufacturer or distributer. Payment MAY be needed to procure the section. I will replace guides and finish wraps for the cost of the guides and postage back to you.

If you run over the butt section with your truck - we will have to have a discussion."

Obviously, the above is valid for as long as I am able to accomplish this. If I can't see the thread and guides you will have to go elsewhere.

When I ship rods you will receive a description of the blank, the brand and color of the wrapping thread, the brand and cloor of the metallic trim thread, if applicable, and the product used to finish the wraps.

So you can always go to a local builder.

Thanks,

Herb

Rods that are still available:

1. Five Rivers #7

2. CTS Affinity-S #7

3. CTS Affinity-S #6

4. CTS Affinity-MX #10

All three factory rods

Thanks,

Herb

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0