Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CenturyFisher

Race Point

Rate this topic

26 posts in this topic

What is the best lure/bait/anything to catch stripers off race point? I have been using 9er rigs in 80-90 feet and getting all blues. We went out last saturday and got 15 blues in about 2 hours. I'm going tommorow morning and want to get some stripers. Suggestions?

boat, Black eels are the bait of the daybiggrin.gif

Now if you decide to get some sea worms, tube and worm or put a few on a jig and drop it down onto the pod of fish under the sand eels/

Then again draggin a a multple rig can also work An umbrella rig[black or red.

Use your fish finder to locate the edges you are fishing to deepcwm15.gif

View PostGood recepie for blue fish?....

Is ther such a thing.

I've never aquired a taste for Blues. Only a good seafood chowda made the same day they're caught.clapping.gif

Then your just cooking them wrong.. My favorite time to eat them is in the spring when they are feeding on squid the meat just taste better then. But my favorite way to cook them is to plank... So I let the blue sit in beer.. Yes Beer for at least 2 to 4 hours the longer the better. Soak the plank of ceder or what ever other wood you like in water for the same amount of time.. place the plank on the grill, place the blue skin down on the plank and cover the grill.. I like to either add lemon at the end or teriyaki during the whole cooking process. I also like smaller blues , if the are small I just throw them right on the grill after I fillet them ..