Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
VicIII

pork tenderloin suggestions

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

just made these for the last couple of months and love them. Much better than a turkey or chicken breast but the same fat content. I have been making Alton Browns show recipe and love it. But Here I sit and cut some up for a mid morning snack with a creamy horseradish sauce (boars head from the deli) and loving it.

How do you guys prepare yours... Any good sauce type recipes?

Often we slice them up into scaloppine and make them into picatta, marsala, etc, like the veal recipes.

Or open one up whole into a single piece half an inch thick, stuff and roll.

View PostOften we slice them up into scaloppine and make them into picatta, marsala, etc, like the veal recipes.

Yep, I like to do that too icon14.gif . Marsala is a family favorite in my house.

I like them in an Asain marinade; sesame oil, soy, honey, ginger, garlic, pepper, hot chili sauce. Marinade for a few hours and grill over moderate heat until 125F internal temp for medium rare.

Let us know what you make smile.gif .

Alan

Cut them into 2" sections, turn on end and pound flat like a veal cutlet, then

1/2 c. flour

Salt to taste

1/4 c. butter

2 tbsp. dry white wine

2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice

1 tbsp. freshly chopped parsley

Capers (optional)

Dust the veal (pounded paok tenderloin cutlets) with the flour and salt and saute in butter. Add wine, lemon juice an parsley and simmer for only about 5 minutes. Serve immediately. Capers are optional.

drool.gif

Now I know you started off with the healthy aspects of the meat, but I have to add the BEST thing to do with pork tenderloin (sorry Vic)

Slice fairly thin and pound a little bit, not too much. Dredge in flour with salt and LOTS of black pepper. Pan fry in a skillet, do em fast to get a good crust.

Make a milk gravy in the pan when you are done.

Serve with collard greens, mashed potatoes, cornbread.

Thats real childhood memories for me.

Brine overnight, rub with hoisin and crushed garlic, marinate for a few hours... hot grill on each side (aka, all four sides) for a few minutes. Delicious, easy as can be, and almost impossible to screw up.

For tenderloin, leave them whole or cut into two equal pieces. Dust them with seasoned salt, garlic powder and a liberal (God I hate using that word) amount of black pepper. Saute them in butter and bacon grease until browned all over but rare. Remove from the pan and let rest. Deglase the pan with a little wine or brandy.

Add a tablespoon or two of raspberry preserves, reduce. A little more butter. Put the meat back in the pan for a minute and move it around. Remove and slice ~3/8" thick, top with sauce. A little sauteed shallots and mushrooms with fresh thyme on the side.White rice with pecans and chives. Fresh asparagus with nutmeg and butter. (I think I just wet myself)

Do the same with deer tenderloins, "Grandma's Apron Strings".

I buy whole pork loins and steak them up, pound them out,grill them, bread them, saute, whatever.

My lil-bro aptly named this pig on pig.

Slice tenderloin into 1 in medalions. Wrap each medalion with 1 slice of bacon. Secure bacon with toothpick. Grill on med heat.

Do not salt or brine the tenderloin, there's plenty of salt from the bacon. Feel free to add fresh cracked pepper.

enjoy.

steve

cut into 2" pieces. mix minced garlic, minced rosemary,salt, pepper, spicy mustard into a paste. drizzle in some olive oil until it's kind of runny. put the pork into a ziplock bag and dump in the marinade. let sit for an hour or so.

brown the ends of the pork quickly. remove from the pan. deglaze the pan with some white wine then add some chicken stock. add a little more of the mustard. finish the pork off in the sauce.