Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SteppinOnFlounder

Dying sqiud for fluke

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Never did it for fluke.But green is a good color for fluke,give it a try as the bait shop guy might be talking from experience or knowledge of it working.

Have done it and yes it works. I have used dyed strips in the Chesapeake Bay as well as the surf in Hatteras. Green is good as well as pink or chartruese. I use the Spike-It brand of dye that was originally made for soft plastics and just dip the strip I am using in it instead of dying a bunch before hand. Be careful if you are fishing from the boat, the dip will dye the boat also.

DEAN

Why not food coloring? Cheap and readily available.

View PostHave done it and yes it works. I have used dyed strips in the Chesapeake Bay as well as the surf in Hatteras. Green is good as well as pink or chartruese. I use the Spike-It brand of dye that was originally made for soft plastics and just dip the strip I am using in it instead of dying a bunch before hand. Be careful if you are fishing from the boat, the dip will dye the boat also.

DEAN

my dad swears by dyed squid. Green is his color of choice. He also dyed chicken too. He also paints his sinkers yellow. All I can say is the man catches fish.

View PostWhy not food coloring? Cheap and readily available.

Assuming that because food die is Water-Based(so it is edible) it also will wash off in the water. Just a thought.

Take a tupperware container load with water, add kosher salt until water can no longer hold it in solution, then add dye color. Used food dye the first time faded out after a day. Used RIT fabric dye second time last forever. Kosher salt makes the squid as tough as pork rind, cheaper and reusable. I keep mine in the freezer and its always soft and pliable. Put it back in when done. I just use a dry ziploc bag no water. Works everytime.