Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
happytim

sonic washer for carbs

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Anybody build one, have a layout etc.

They say sonic washer is the best thing to clean carbs,

Looking to make one, looking for schematics.

thanks

Thats a bit overboard...best thing you can do is buy a gallon can of carb cleaner...Gunk, etc.....most come with a parts tray.....take your carb apart...let it sit overnight then blow it out with compressed air and make sure all your small passages are clear.

Phil L

Some plastic parts may be damaged by solvent based cleaners.

Ultra sonic will not do anything for bits of plastic or hard dirt such as fuel line rubber. I found a chip of fiberglass in my hi-speed jet, how does it happen? dunno.

So I remind myself if I don't run a single strand wire thru the jets I haven't cleaned them.

Joneg,

This could be my problem, I did not do the single stranded wire through the jets.

I sprayed carb cleaner and used 12 volts tire compressor to blow it out.

Its started ok, but after running for 20 mins. it start acting the same way. hard to start.

I noticed some white scaly thing on the jet plug. the last time i cleaned it.

It was stubborn to come out. I had to physically take a cloth and wipe it out.

I sprayed the carb cleaner on it and it will not dislodge. If this thing went in my seal mixture screw area. Which I did not clean the last time.

I know my problem is carb related, because I am nnoobie, and did not do what I suppose to.

Family business sells ultrasonic equipment, so I have a bit of knowledge here, and I would agree w/jonesg that its not going to do much for you in the case of hard debris lodged in the jets, other than to temporarily loosen them.

Build one?? Never heard of that, but I'd say stay away from those little units sold for jewlery and whatnot, waste of money as they're absolute toys.

A good ultrasonic unit will actually heat the water almost to a boil from ultrasonic agitation!!

Now, if you were going to build something...build a flowbench. Friend/client manufactures (or used to given the prevalance of fuel injection) a patented variable venturi carb for the draggers and hot-rodders. When we'd have carb problems, we'd pull them and bring them to him. Never physically saw him do it, but he'd hook them up, and I'm guessing via vacuum on the fuel lines run a mild solvent thru them. Always came back right!