Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Reed422

Wagyu Beef

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Had my first ever wagyu beef last night. It was a center cut sirloin steak. The butcher had it on sale from 50/lb to 25/lb so I thought I'd roll the dice and live the high life. The guy at the butcher recommended olive oil and s+p done in a cast iron skillet. This was my original plan so all was well. When I cooked the steak it seemed to render off fat rapidly and I could have done without the oil but big deal. I took them off at 120 degrees and after resting they came in at 138. Perfect medium rare, juicy, melt in your mouth delight. Would I pay 50/lb hell no but at 25 I'll get errr dun every once in a while. Tonight seared tunasmile.gif I think I'm back on the cooking wagon I was ordering take out there for a while but all is well in the universe!

Wow....... I'm glad you enjoyed it, but I gotta be honest.

Before I paid $50 or even $25 an pound for ANY meat, I'd grill up my neighbors cat for free....... IMHO in order for any part of a cow (or any animal for that fact) to be worth that kinda change, they'd have to come with a complimentary "happy ending".

Can you say MOOOOOOOoooooooo? biggrin.gif

I think that is great!!

It is all in the experimenting of food. I have had a few bites and thought it was wonderful. Great piece of meat to cut up and have many people try it..

I think the 25/lb price tag attached to it was completely worth it. My friend from downeast maine was in town for a few day's and is a big steak lover so I thought it would make for a interesting evening. Spending 40 bucks on dinner for two isn't the biggest deal in the world. Don't get me wrong I eat plenty of Shaws or other super market steaks but every once in a while it is nice to splurge and have an awesome steak. At a steak house our meal would have ended up bein over a hundred easy so I feel fine about the price I paid.

View PostI think the 25/lb price tag attached to it was completely worth it....At a steak house our meal would have ended up bein over a hundred easy so I feel fine about the price I paid.

Easily. With a'la Carte sides too!

View PostHad my first ever wagyu beef last night. It was a center cut sirloin steak. The butcher had it on sale from 50/lb to 25/lb so I thought I'd roll the dice and live the high life. The guy at the butcher recommended olive oil and s+p done in a cast iron skillet. This was my original plan so all was well. When I cooked the steak it seemed to render off fat rapidly and I could have done without the oil but big deal. I took them off at 120 degrees and after resting they came in at 138. Perfect medium rare, juicy, melt in your mouth delight. Would I pay 50/lb hell no but at 25 I'll get errr dun every once in a while. Tonight seared tunasmile.gif I think I'm back on the cooking wagon I was ordering take out there for a while but all is well in the universe!

nice! I saw that price on the weekly email but wasn't near that store last week, it was tempting!

View Postnice! I saw that price on the weekly email but wasn't near that store last week, it was tempting!

That email makes me hungry! Been going to that store since I was in pampers.