Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hook521

LIBBA Jamboree

12 posts in this topic

This Saturday folks...

The Jamboree committee would like to remind all LIBBA members that the Jamboree is being held at Heckscher State Park (field #4) this Saturday August 1st, starting time 9:00 am.

Please remember to bring canned and packaged food products so we can help our neighbors in need.

Hooky wink.gif

Nice!

For my membership $, I got a card and a sticker.

No newsletter, no Jamboree announcement ......nuttin'!

Tell ya what, I'll keep my dues money, you keep your raffle tickets!

AMMO

View PostNice!

AMMO

They did the SAME thing to me.

Never got another dollar...

Chris

View PostNice!

AMMO

View PostThey did the SAME thing to me.

Never got another dollar...

Chris

What you got was representation against the people who are trying to keep you off the beach.

View PostNice!

AMMO

So I guess when some rich folks try to close your beach to driving maybe you can call the Audubon Socity to get some help in reopening it. kooky.gif

It's incredible that so many folks showed up without the necessity of an engraved invitation. biggrin.gif

Any questions or comments or complaints can be made at the open Board of Directors meeting which will be held Wednesday, August 19 at 7:30PM, Sweeney Center, Babylon.

Hooky wink.gif

Larry,

You know me well, so please understand what I am saying comes with deepest respect.

ANY organization would rather have it's dirty laundry aired at a Directors meeting, than in a public forum. Perfectly understandable.

I have no idea how the attendees at this year's Jamboree found out about it .....I know that in years past (more years than I care to admit to) the Jamboree was always announced in the Newsletter. I guess now that Bill Townsend has relocated, it is proving difficult to fill his shoes.

I won't be at the Directors meeting. You will. Please convey my extreme displeasure at the lack of notification. Consider it "representation." I find it a complete waste of my time, to come to the Sweeney center to complain about a situation, when nothing can possibly be done to rectify the gaffe. With any luck, the Directors will realize there was an oversight, and never allow it to happen again. LIBBA needs to attract NEW members, not to alienate old ones. If you think back over the years, you will realize that the Jamboree was one of my favorite activities. There is nothing that can be done to change what happened. It's over. Why beat a dead horse? The club (in my opinion) messed up BIG TIME.

There is never a lack of notification for the Annual meeting, along with a reminder that dues are due .....why is that? Hmmmm? beatin.gif

AMMO

smile.gif To each his own. I don't need Jamboree invitations (it's an annual event...I can find it). I need guys like Larry, Chuck Hollins and Willy Young to continue showing up at events like Town of Brookhaven meetings to fight for access to places like West Meadow.

Thanks LIBBAHappyWave.gif

Hi Allen,

You got me mixed up with Jim Kerrigan( AKA Hook521) but I will respond to your complaint as well, and it does not involve dirty laundry. We had close too 300 members, family members, and guests at this years Jamboree. As the treasurer for the last eight years I would count this years Jamboree a sucess in the funds raised for beach access. We did sent a detailed letter with the chance books mailed in June with the time, place, and order of events for the Jamboree. It was posted on the LIBBA website as well. I and Hook521 also posted it on 2 other websites and this forum as well. I think this was more then enough notice to the membership which covered both snail mail & the internet. The days of the old newsletters are gone, the last one we sent out cost us $1.19 per copy in mailing cost, in addition to the $750 to have it printed. Do the math, 1200 copies @ 1.19 =$1428 + $750 = $2178 to put out a newsletter. Times that by 4 = $8712 for the year. That is one fifth of our annual receipts. We just can't do busness like that any more. We will still do snail mail notices, these will be one page mailings, ( the next one is the scholarship dinner) but from now on the website is the place to go for information. This past year, the resession has hit many people hard, it has hit LIBBA too. We would have been delinquent in our duties if we did not come up with a cost effective way to conduct business and support our mission of securing and maintaining beach access for our members.

Larry

Larry Carlucci #1258

Treasurer LIBBA

Corresponding Secretary Gateway Striper Club

MSA #245

Thanks Larry!

Yes, I did mix up the screen names ......I thought I was talking to you all along. (Sorry Jim!)

If the Jamboree announcement was included with the raffle tickets, that explains why I never saw it! I really have no one to sell raffle tickets to, and didn't even open that envelope.

Thank you for the explanation of why the newsletter had become cost-prohibitive, did anyone but the Directors have this information? Will entries in the Derby still require "official" weigh-slips? (In the past, weigh-slips were printed in the Newsletter.) I suggest there be an announcement of the Jamboree similar to the announcement for the Annual meeting. A POSTCARD would be less expensive than a first-class letter, and would not require opening. Judging by the TURNOUT, the announcement that was included in the envelope with the raffle tickets was sufficient. However, the "new" method ruffled a few feathers beside mine. There must be a way to accomodate ALL of the membership. (Good luck in finding it!)

AMMO

View Post

...Will entries in the Derby still require "official" weigh-slips? (In the past, weigh-slips were printed in the Newsletter.) AMMO

Allen - Yes

open LIBBA.com

• click Committees bar

• committees sidebar click fishing contest

• bottom if page - Download Weighslip
Or

LIBBA.com

• NEWS - LIBBA FISHING DERBIES click Read Here

• Rick Z's Derby letter page bottom left click Visit the Derby Page Here

• bottom center Download Weightslip
Hooky wink.gif