Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fish'nmagician

Jodi Rell for President 2012

Rate this topic

21 posts in this topic

So RW make your case for the woman.....

no college education wears a pantsuit and seems even less hetero than the Dem's pantsuited politician....

what makes you support her?

Possibly without exception, I've found her to take the reasonable position on everything. She stands tough and gets the job done and cracks a pretty mean whip on the legislature. She's been extremely responsible with the state's budget and prefers cutting spending rather than raising taxes. She's also clean as a whistle. Her personal life isn't a goldmine for political opponents. In my opinion, she's one of the best Republican representatives I know. Granted, in this day and age, that might be considered damning with faint praise, but I do admire her character, work ethic and her problem solving skills. She took over after Rowland was forced to step down and she stepped up and has become possibly the most popular governor in the history of the state. I'm not sure she wants to run again for any office, though, so I suspect none of us will get to further enjoy her leadership in state or national politics.

Yeah, she's done us quite proud here in Ct. Like I said before, though, I don't think she could be convinced to run for the presidency. The good ones, unfortunately, don't have the power-hungry mentality it takes to run at that level. Maybe that's what makes them so good in the first place.

Connecticut: Rell Slides But Still Popular

July 22, 2009 2:52 PM | Permalink | Comments (1)

Connecticut voters are beginning to lose patience with Gov. Jodi Rell, whose approval ratings have declined, according to a Quinnipiac University poll conducted July 16-20.

rell23.gif Jodi Rell (Getty Images/Neilson Barnard)

Like other Northeastern states, Connecticut has faced budget problems. Although having lost some support, Rell's approval rating still stands at 65 percent -- a decline from 73 percent in May.

But the poll found that voters are not as frustrated with the governor as they are with the legislature, where the job disapproval level polled at 45 percent.

Meanwhile, voters approve of Rell's handling of the budget issue 50 percent to 32 percent.

"Gov. Jodi Rell's honeymoon with Connecticut voters just won't end, despite a recession and a budget stalemate," said Quinnipiac University Poll Director Douglas Schwartz.

The Quinnipiac poll is based on interviews with 1,499 registered Connecticut voters and carries a margin of error of plus or minus 2.5 percentage points.

This after being our governor since June of 2004. 5 years later, her popularity is still extremely high.

Who's obsessed with poll numbers? That was just to illustrate the popularity of Governor Rell, which is something you probably otherwise wouldn't know much about without living in CT.

View PostSo RW make your case for the woman.....

no college education wears a pantsuit and seems even less hetero than the Dem's pantsuited politician....

what makes you support her?

no case needed to be made.

few will support her.

I'd prefer to see Jodi stay in her job as CT. Governor. Without her moderating hand, this state will become Massachusetts South, or New York East, or both. cwm31.giffrown.gifcrying.gif

We might even become worse than 'New Joisey'! icon24.gifcwm31.gif

Perish the thought! upck.gif

In any event, the plain truth is that Jodi could'nt buy a Republican National Primary win. It is how it is.

View PostPossibly without exception, I've found her to take the reasonable position on everything. She stands tough and gets the job done and cracks a pretty mean whip on the legislature. She's been extremely responsible with the state's budget and prefers cutting spending rather than raising taxes. She's also clean as a whistle. Her personal life isn't a goldmine for political opponents. In my opinion, she's one of the best Republican representatives I know. Granted, in this day and age, that might be considered damning with faint praise, but I do admire her character, work ethic and her problem solving skills. She took over after Rowland was forced to step down and she stepped up and has become possibly the most popular governor in the history of the state. I'm not sure she wants to run again for any office, though, so I suspect none of us will get to further enjoy her leadership in state or national politics.

disagree. she is a rino.