Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stresst

Big thumbs up to Bass Pro Shop

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

I placed an order with Bass Pro last week/paid for 2 day air, anyway after a four days I never received my order,I called them , they tracked it and said it was "undeliverable" with no other information. Anway, they next day aired me my order with free shipping, they aploigized about 4 times.

So I big thumbs up for them to resend my order without even getting the initial order returned to them yetsmile.gif

Its nice to see they care about customer satisfaction

I placed a call to the BPS at Arundel Mills, MD about a question regarding price matching on a specific item they had in store. (Cabela's had the Stradic MgFB 2500 for 159.99 or something, but Bass Pro was pretty close to me).

The rep said that she was pretty sure that they would, but wanted me to wait a sec so that she could confirm because she want "[me] to waste gas in case we won't price match the item in question" (verbatim). She takes my phone number down, and says she'll call me back in 5 minutes with confirmation from the reel department on the sales floor.

I hang up. I get called back in 5 minutes. Says they'll price match, take an additional 5% off to guarantee the price, and tells me to head on over.

I was pleasantly surprised that they even called me back haha.

My experience was not nearly as pleasant. I was told by a few people that this place would have anything I needed. Their selection of medium/low end reels was worse than WallMart. It seemed to me like the place to go... if you have a grand to spend, but other than that... not for the average Joe.

On top of that the person working there tried to sucker my friend and I into buying garbage, probably trying to get it off their shelves. He recommended a reel to me that I'd never even heard of, and after doing research found to be complete junk. He was trying to get my friend to buy a horrid Zebco combo rod/reel for $50, telling him they were good quality. He (my friend) doesn't know his stuff, and I think the guy picked up on that and was preying off it.

The one I went to was in Harrisburg, PA. I don't recommend it.

I go to the Bass Pro in MD all the time. I work 2 minutes from it. I know they dont have the best selection for my type of fishing but they do have some of the stuff i use. I also buy alot of my clothes from there. They are not any one type of fishin specific (and are mostly fresh water) so they are not goin to have the best for one type like your local B&T. Not to mention most of them including mine are not near the beach. They however have great customer service and will go above and beyond most stores i have been too. I have gotten recomendations from many of the employees there about things i had never done before like recently Crimping. They broke out some of the stuff on the shelf and demonstrated for me. They will take the time to find out what you want to do. You have to understand that a majority of the people that go in the store are not experienced fisherman so they deal with alot of first timers.

They stick to there products and it is a fun store to venture to. I go at least once or twice a week even if i dont buy anything.

KJS

I had a kid spool 17lbs mono on my newly purchased 525Mag and the way he spooled the line, was all crimped. I was quite upset when I got home. So, I took the line off and spooled up myself. Luckily, it was free line courtesy of BPS of Foxboro, MA.

In online purchases, they are prompt. I got my 10ft St Croix Premier in just a few days from HQ. wink.gif