Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
temoniprince

why this lure and not the other?

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

Hey guys

I am sure someone must have asked this b4 but i searched and i found nothing.

What is the main difference between BM, tatto, RM, habs ect. I know differ people made them but why are some worth more then others and why do people only fish with one vs the other?

I ask this just bc i am new to the whole surf fishing and i am really enjoying it.

They all make great lures we all use at different conditions. I may use a BM needle under certain conditions and an afterhours or gags at other times on the same body of water,.

View Post

I ask this just bc i am new to the whole surf fishing and i am really enjoying it.

and by the way, welcome to the sport. I am glad you are enjoying it. You dont need a ton of lures to fish productivly. In fact, too many will confuse you. Start with a few of the basics master them _learn how to worlk em, then go try others.

View PostQuality,Availability,Craftmanship,Reputation,Past success to name a few.

don't forget hype cwm27.gif

TBD has the right idea, you don't really need all this stuff to catch these fish, most times a bucktail or tin will do the deed as well (or better) as anything else. Get yourself a few lures -- a few poppers and swimmers, tins and bucktails and get used to those before you join the plug-crazies. I cannot emphasize more how productive the bucktail can be once you learn how to use it wink.gifbiggrin.gif

View Post

What is the main difference between BM, tatto, RM, habs ect.

Main Difference between those four >

BM aka BeachMaster Lures, Made on Long Isl,N.Y. time tested and proven custom lure designs and rock-hard finishes have made this a staple in many surf bags. Due to very limited production runs ( of maybe one or two different styles a year) these lures are hoarded by both fishermen and collectors..

Tattoo aka TattooTackle, made in Rhode Isl. Hand crafted saltwater & freshwater lures (and even making quite a good showing offshore on the tuna grounds the past couple of years)..Alot of different style lures (including Darters) that are available at most tackle shops due to fact that they really knock out some impressive production numbers which helps keep thier prices down for fishermen..

RM aka R.M.Smith Custom Plugs made in New York State, custom designs and paint schemes that are second to none in my opinion..Top quality fishing lure that is a hit for the modern day collector and fishermen alike.. Limited runs (that usually sell-out quickly) but I must say this product is becoming increasingly available lately which is a good-thing..

HAB'S, Custom Lures from the late John Haberek /Rhode Isl... A true pioneer in the sport that we all love.. Alot of big fish have been caught on John's trade-mark needlefish lure over the years... Great Guy and We All Miss Him RIP John.

Plugs are still in production today as Johns son John Jr has stepped into dads shoes and has kept the tradition going with keeping fishermen up and down the NE coast happy with a nice variety of plugs including metal-lips & pencils available for purchase usually once a year at the RISAA show each spring...

View PostMain Difference between those four >

BM aka BeachMaster Lures, Made on Long Isl,N.Y. time tested and proven custom lure designs and rock-hard finishes have made this a staple in many surf bags. Due to very limited production runs ( of maybe one or two different styles a year) these lures are hoarded by both fishermen and collectors..

Tattoo aka TattooTackle, made in Rhode Isl. Hand crafted saltwater & freshwater lures (and even making quite a good showing offshore on the tuna grounds the past couple of years)..Alot of different style lures (including Darters) that are available at most tackle shops due to fact that they really knock out some impressive production numbers which helps keep thier prices down for fishermen..

RM aka R.M.Smith Custom Plugs made in New York State, custom designs and paint schemes that are second to none in my opinion..Top quality fishing lure that is a hit for the modern day collector and fishermen alike.. Limited runs (that usually sell-out quickly) but I must say this product is becoming increasingly available lately which is a good-thing..

HAB'S, Custom Lures from the late John Haberek /Rhode Isl... A true pioneer in the sport that we all love.. Alot of big fish have been caught on John's trade-mark needlefish lure over the years... Great Guy and We All Miss Him RIP John.

Plugs are still in production today as Johns son John Jr has stepped into dads shoes and has kept the tradition going with keeping fishermen up and down the NE coast happy with a nice variety of plugs including metal-lips & pencils available for purchase usually once a year at the RISAA show each spring...

^^ Well said, Steve