Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gamakatsu

VS 100 stolen on Juno Pier

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

That's the reason why I always fish one rig, and it's with me at all times. I don't have a very high opinion of other fishermen, all the thieving, poaching, littering, and property damage I've witnessed over the years has pretty much destroyed any faith I once had in my fellow anglers.

Sorry to hear that - I was on that pier one day earlier (23rd) and thought most people seemed respectful of other people's property (I actually had two rods out there and left the one I wasn't using out of eye sight on many occasions - granted, it wasn't a Van Staalredface.gifcwm27.gif )

I live in Jupiter, rarely get to the pier, cruise by the inlet every so often.

There are a lot of "perps" around at times. It's not that hard to figure who they are.

When/if I bring my VS's with me I'll put it down and ignore it. Casually watch "read" the people who are near. The perps will identify themselves, they'll check out the gear and observe me as well, then talk to their buddies and look back over. Once I determine who's interested I'll stare them down to make them aware I'm on to them, sometimes make a comment relating to the reel, it's value and what would happen if someone tried to steal it. They usually cower like little girls. It's pretty much that simple. But I would never leave any gear unattended for even a minute or two.

I live in Jupiter, rarely get to the pier, cruise by the inlet every so often.

There are a lot of "perps" around at times. It's not that hard to figure who they are.

When/if I bring my VS's with me I'll put it down and ignore it. Casually watch "read" the people who are near. The perps will identify themselves, they'll check out the gear and observe me as well, then talk to their buddies and look back over. Once I determine who's interested I'll stare them down to make them aware I'm on to them, sometimes make a comment relating to the reel, it's value and what would happen if someone tried to steal it. They usually cower like little girls. It's pretty much that simple. But I would never leave any gear unattended for even a minute or two.

I have several friends who fish and surf at the pier and inlet. I'll make a few phone calls and keep you posted. It's a really good thing it has a accurate handle.. Little things like that help a lot! Good luck...mad.gif

View PostI live in Jupiter, rarely get to the pier, cruise by the inlet every so often.

View PostI have several friends who fish and surf at the pier and inlet. I'll make a few phone calls and keep you posted. It's a really good thing it has a accurate handle.. Little things like that help a lot! Good luck...mad.gif

Thank you. icon14.gificon14.gif