Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Plug

A little giveaway... for you frustrated deflators

Rate this topic

46 posts in this topic

I really do not know whose idea it was but a friend of mine has been using them for about 20 years now. He showed me them and I made mine from the clp and a small bolt and 2 small nuts. The clip can be tuff to drill since it is spring steel. I put one oneflator on the back. When the back one stops making noise the front is done also. It only works if the tires are about the same pressure when you start. Good Job Plug with the info. We always tell the people about them when we do a Driving on the Beach class at CHSP Good job again

Rick

Yeah Rick, the idea has been around a lot longer than I have. Probably a lot longer than va earl, and he's older than dirt. wink.gifcwm27.gif

As far as timing... a little work with the second hand on your wristwatch will soon tell you how long it takes to drop from your road pressure to beach pressure. Then when you get to the beach first remove all caps. Then put the first clip on and start your timing. Go around and put the other three on. When you reach your time quickly check the first tire and you will know if you are done or need to let them go a little longer. Remove them at the same pace as you put them on. I do it slowly so I have time to pressure check each tire before moving to the next. After all four are off I'll tweak the ones that need it.

If you're like me and don't carry a wristwatch just count them down using a consistent counting meter.

so I take it you use "trial and error" until you find the setting for the pressure you want ???

actually, I take that back

you need to monitor these things, right ? cause once on, they are letting everything out until you take em off

Oh my I am a total idiot..... yes I spend too much time airing down four tires, and while I was sitting at my desk reading and dreaming about being in the sand, I was able to make four with the binder clips..it was tough but I used a envelop opener that is pointy and was just banging it on the desk until I got through the metal, then got a screwdriver from my car and it worked, will need to file down pt when I get home but heck, with a drill this would be a snap... thanks so much!!!! I had to take two screws out of the desk but wth..... there are priorities here!!! Thanks again!!

View Post... yes I spend too much time airing down four tires, and while I was sitting at my desk reading and dreaming about being in the sand, I was able to make four with the binder clips...I had to take two screws out of the desk but wth..... there are priorities here!!!

LOL Muscella, you do what you gotta do.cwm27.gif

View PostOh my I am a total idiot..... yes I spend too much time airing down four tires, and while I was sitting at my desk reading and dreaming about being in the sand, I was able to make four with the binder clips..it was tough but I used a envelop opener that is pointy and was just banging it on the desk until I got through the metal, then got a screwdriver from my car and it worked, will need to file down pt when I get home but heck, with a drill this would be a snap... thanks so much!!!! I had to take two screws out of the desk but wth..... there are priorities here!!! Thanks again!!

"Mariner" ingienuity!

View PostOh my I am a total idiot..... yes I spend too much time airing down four tires, and while I was sitting at my desk reading and dreaming about being in the sand, I was able to make four with the binder clips..it was tough but I used a envelop opener that is pointy and was just banging it on the desk until I got through the metal, then got a screwdriver from my car and it worked, will need to file down pt when I get home but heck, with a drill this would be a snap... thanks so much!!!! I had to take two screws out of the desk but wth..... there are priorities here!!! Thanks again!!

Do we work together ?headscratch.gifbeers.gif LOL

hope those wheren't leg screws,

dang wish i had a camera that i could take a pic of mine , i use a hollowed tapered pin on mine so they make noise lettting the air out, dam i wish i had a digetal camera , any way they make noise like a whistle when the air goes out , i bought a tire buddy an took it apart , but getting the right tension spring is the key to 18 lbs before it turns off automaticly.

when your as old as dirt you like to play with dirt lmao plug

think out side the box this helps to beers.gif .....beers.gif .....beers.gifbiggrin.gif

cwm15.gif .........an being like this kooky.gif