Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
merch

Surfcasting forum?

Rate this topic

44 posts in this topic

To the moderators,

I know the whole thing is called "SurfTalk", but there seems to be every forum under the sun here (this isn't a bad thing BTW) except one dedicated to surf fishing.

You guys ever think of making one dedicated to us guys who spend most of energy and hours hoofing it?

Surf guys do things a little different than the rest. It might be nice to centralize the surf specific stuff.

Just asking. smile.gif

View PostNothing's missing Mike. More of an organizational suggestion.

It's all here, just not in it's own little room.

Ok, I think I understand what you mean. A lot of stuff that gets posted in the main forum could probably be posted in this new "surf rat" forum. What type of discussions are you foreseeing in this new forum?

It's a long shot, but good luck smile.gif

View PostOk, I think I understand what you mean. A lot of stuff that gets posted in the main forum could probably be posted in this new "surf rat" forum. What type of discussions are you foreseeing in this new forum?

It's a long shot, but good luck smile.gif

In some ways it's almost a different sport than boat fishing. Gear, techniques, tactics, etc. can be very different and very specific.

You're probably right about the main forum being the place where it lands for the most part, but it gets all mixed up with everything else.

I don't spend too much time in the main forum myself. There's so many new threads flying up all the time it kind of makes me feel like I'm trying to cross the highway with my eyes closed. cwm31.gif

I know a lot of guys who fish only from boats and sometimes it feels like were speaking a different language when talking about fishing in general.

View Postcwm40.gif Hey I got an idea...why don't you go start your own surf fishing web-site.cwm13.gif

No, just a non-boat fishing forum, because, as we know, catching fish from boats doesn't count.

View PostTo the moderators,

I know the whole thing is called "SurfTalk", but there seems to be every forum under the sun here (this isn't a bad thing BTW) except one dedicated to surf fishing.

You guys ever think of making one dedicated to us guys who spend most of energy and hours hoofing it?

Surf guys do things a little different than the rest. It might be nice to centralize the surf specific stuff.

Just asking. smile.gif

There is so much info here related to surf fishing that a forum dedicated to it isn't needed.

View Postcwm40.gif Hey I got an idea...why don't you go start your own surf fishing web-site.cwm13.gif

Seriously - if you are gonna be disrespectful and rude to people, you should start your own website because that's the kind of garbage we do not welcome here.

TimS