Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
oldgoat

loaded cordell

Rate this topic

50 posts in this topic

I,ve heard a lot about this (loaded)Cordell plug. Do they stay true in flight or do they waggle back and forth??? How much load do you add to them and do you load the tail end only?Do you drill one or two holes.Thanks in advance.PS After loading can you still work them on the surface??? thanks

Here's what I did, and DJ can vouch for the fact that it casts like a bullet, and comes to the surface very quickly.wink.gif

I drilled a small hole in the tail section of the plug, ~1" from the rear. I loaded 1 1/8 oz of #7 1/2 bird shot into the hole, and sealed it with some clear plumber's goop.

It casts like a bullet, does not wobble, and comes up very quickly on the retrieve. Do a search on the Ma forum, as it was discussed at length.wink.gif

bob

View PostBob G, how are you measuring the shot?? what kind of scale do you have? thanks..

A 12ga, 2 3/4" heavy field load carries 1 1/8oz of shot. wink.gif I poured it right from the shell, into the plug.

View PostJust keep in mind that you need either a LTC or an FID card to buy or posses shot in this state rolleyes.gif

Does that mean you either a LTC or a FID just to possess a plug loaded with birdshot in Ma?cwm27.gif

View PostDoes that mean you either a LTC or a FID just to possess a plug loaded with birdshot in Ma?cwm27.gif

What do you figure that the chances are of a Bourne cop giving a crap? wink.gif

View PostThanks Bob. Do you know the total finished weight???Thanks again.

No, sorry I don't. But at this weight, it comes right to the surface after only a couple cranks.wink.gif

View PostJust keep in mind that you need either a LTC or an FID card to buy or posses shot in this state rolleyes.gif

So ,is a plumbers license needed to posses plumbers lead? How about lead sinkers, a fishinf license? or how about battery lead, a drivers licenseconfused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif

View PostDoes that mean you either a LTC or a FID just to possess a plug loaded with birdshot in Ma?cwm27.gif

Bob, isn't it against federal law to posses lead shot wherever migratory water fowl can be found? Just asking!