Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
deltap327

Crystal River area

Rate this topic

2 posts in this topic

I'm a recent transplant from South Florida to New Port Richey. Would like to try the Crystal River area. I primarily wade fish (salt water) using artificals, looking for snook, trout, reds etc.

If any suggestions in that area, directions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Royce Harrelson

I live in Crystal River, not that much wading fishing done here and really no surf, Tidal yes, shallow VERY, probably best bet will be the flats in Ozello, just out side of Crystal River (S on Hwy 19), road is called Ozello trail take all the way to end about 9 miles, if high tide there will be few places along road ,OH road is windy and Narrow ,cars and motor cycle have been Known to miss turns. Parking at end of road .

If you have a Yak or small john boatboat with 9 hp or such to get you out to spoil bank (Small islands ) Crystal River and walk them for trout//red, Oh did i say get a good pair wading shoes/old sneakers lot of old oyster bars (very sharp) a yak will get to lot of shallow water spots.,mangroves, hold snook been catching a few off of Yankeetown little further North of Crystal River, shoot me e mail and will pass local FL web site for both coast of FL whats hot and where, check with Small tackle shop in Hernando Beach,may put you on some spots . AL