Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
voxmpg

New Jersey Corruption

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

Can anyone explain to me where all the money in New Jersey goes? We have the highest property taxes, sales tax, toll roads and, gambling taxes from Atlantic City, yet the state house had to be shut down several times this year because there wasn't enough money to run the state. WHERE IS ALL THE MONEY GOING? Now it's looking like a saltwater fishing liscence will be required by next year. I wouldn't have a huge problem with this if all of the money made off the liscences goes into improving fishing in NJ, but I would bet it's going to go into the state treasury and not into fishing. I am a democrat and supported Corzine in the last election, but given the mismanagement of NJ (and the fact that he's an *******) I will no long be supporting him.

Money comes in and gets wasted away in no bid contracts and ridiculous wasteful spending. State employee waste is ridiculous...so many state and county cars, free gas, every paid holiday, 32 hour workweeks...A simple Public Works director in my town makes over 150K I am told, for driving around watching kids weedwhack based on my observations. I know folks who work at various state agencies, the lack of accountability and supervison is baffling...people running their own businesses on their computers during work, selling office supplies on ebay..funny if it wasn't true

Also heavy burden on the social services in NJ such as welfare, food stamps and health care...much of which is wasted away friviously.

Can't forget the state's contribution to beach replenishment and other oddities. Now add in rampant corruption and literally stealing from the public by local and state officials.

Worst state government in the US.

View PostIt goes to human organ trafficking and other Garden State Democrat hobbies.

Allegations of organ trafficking and corrupt clergy make NJ look terrible.

All jurisdictions should have enhanced sentences for public officials and employees convicted of official corruption or other crimes in connection with the execution of their duties.

View PostYeah the Abbot district near me just spent almost a $1,000,000 on a new football field.

I should have specified....in the name of

1. Education

2. Law Enforcement

Three mayors and five rabbis in the crew? Hoo boy. Even by Jersey standards, that's dramatic. The confidential informant - his name's already out but I forget it - got them quite a haul.

Money laundering is a tough charge, especially when routed through a foreign country, Israel in this case, where the accused have strong political ties. The rabbis are going to be the hardest ones to convict.