Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gamakatsu

Stolen VS 100

Rate this topic

36 posts in this topic

My friend came over the Marianas Islands to do some fishing and on the last day some dirt ball young punks stole his VS 100 off the rod. It happened on Juno Pier down in FL.

Anyway, it is gold and is somewhat unique because it has an Accurate handle. It's a long shot, but if somebody tries to sell you a similar reel, please send me a message.

Thanks!

I used to live about 2 miles form the Juno pier, and fished that beach often during the summer months. My buddy left a pair of nice flip flops at the base of the steps one morning...they were gone when we returned.

There are a bunch of punks hangin' around that pier all the time.

Too bad about the reel...I'll make a few calls to some fishing friends, as well as friends at local shops to keep an eye out.

View PostMy friend came over the Marianas Islands to do some fishing and on the last day some dirt ball young punks stole his VS 100 off the rod. It happened on Juno Pier down in FL.

Anyway, it is gold and is somewhat unique because it has an Accurate handle. It's a long shot, but if somebody tries to sell you a similar reel, please send me a message.

Thanks!

Did he leave his vs unattended?

that's a shame... i thought i was pissed when some punks took my $80 multitool off my surf bag....mad.gif .... if someone stole my ZeeBaas.... it would get ugly....

seriously, with stuff this expensive, you can't take your eye off it.....

hell i wouldn't even recommend putting in down just in case you forget that you just left at least $1000 (of gear) for someone to pilfer..... I only use my new ZeeBaas setup when i am only using 1 rod... when using 2 or more rods, I pull out my reliable Penn gear, just in case i have to take my eyes off the others to work 1 rod....

if given an opportunity, even otherwise good people can do dumb @$$ sheit...beatin.gif .... best thing to do is not to give them an opportunity.... hope your friend recovers his stuff...

View Post

if given an opportunity, even otherwise good people can do dumb @$$ sheit...beatin.gif .... best thing to do is not to give them an opportunity.... hope your friend recovers his stuff...

Even given the opportunity, good people won't steal your stuff HappyWave.gif

Problem is, good people are getting harder to find with the huge increase in disrespectful, self important trash out there today who's parents didn't teach them the difference between right and wrong cwm13.gif

I hope you buddy gets his reel back Gami, but it's a million to one long shot redface.gif

TimS

View PostMy friend came over the Marianas Islands to do some fishing and on the last day some dirt ball young punks stole his VS 100 off the rod. It happened on Juno Pier down in FL.

Thanks!

did you post this in the Florida forum ?

My wife laughs at me but when i travel my stuff stays with me at all times.

Even when I'm taking a crap I bring my bag with me.

If we check into a hotel the only thing that bell services gets are cloths.

When I'm on party boat i bring a cable lock. I've been on boats that have had rods and reels disappear that didn't go over the rail.

Fact is a majority of theft comes from employees.

Be respectful but don't be afraid to offend anyone.

can't agree more...

DBS

View PostEven given the opportunity, good people won't steal your stuff HappyWave.gif

Problem is, good people are getting harder to find with the huge increase in disrespectful, self important trash out there today who's parents didn't teach them the difference between right and wrong cwm13.gif

I hope you buddy gets his reel back Gami, but it's a million to one long shot redface.gif

TimS