Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tduffy

Not new, but new here.

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Hey guys, with the advent of salt licenses coming.I find myself getting in a situation of again buying a license for a sport for two states. As I live on the RI/MA border in MA. I also fresh fish and duck hunt as well.

I just moved to SE MA three years ago, but I did grow up in Ri SOCO so I still fish RI a lot. But I refuse to buy an out of state lic. for those polluted waters.

So Starting...........now. lol I will be fishing in my new home state. So I will probably post here often, hopefully helping folks as this website in other forums has helped me a lot.

I usually fly fish. In October I have been known to sling an eel or two.

So I'll be doing my homework for the Commonwealth waters. I don't spot burn and hope to meet some new buds. And hope to help some folks too.

Be happy to take someone duck hunting who is interested as well.

Cheers.beers.gif

You've been here 3 years, but welcome to taxachusetts. Sporting is a great pastime. We certainly pay for it through licensing. Mass dept of fish & game has done a great job though. Maine resident fees are very pricy, and they seem to have broken licensing down to as many sub-categories as possible, not sure how RI works, other than that they have long deer and trapping seasons.

You say you hunt ducks eh? Must be sea ducks, as they're aren't many places around anymore to set up fresh water for puddle ducks. Wood duck and teal were my favorite for the table. Blackies tasted good too, but I used to let them pass due to their low numbers, and the amount of cross breeeding / mallards dueto low numbers.

Do you carve your own decoys?

Three words: October, Canal, eels. You won't be disappointed!

-bd

View PostHey guys, with the advent of salt licenses coming.I find myself getting in a situation of again buying a license for a sport for two states. As I live on the RI/MA border in MA. I also fresh fish and duck hunt as well.

I just moved to SE MA three years ago, but I did grow up in Ri SOCO so I still fish RI a lot. But I refuse to buy an out of state lic. for those polluted waters.

So Starting...........now. lol I will be fishing in my new home state. So I will probably post here often, hopefully helping folks as this website in other forums has helped me a lot.

I usually fly fish. In October I have been known to sling an eel or two.

So I'll be doing my homework for the Commonwealth waters. I don't spot burn and hope to meet some new buds. And hope to help some folks too.

Be happy to take someone duck hunting who is interested as well.

Cheers.beers.gif

There's also talk that licensing may include reciprocity with states that will offer the same to Mass licenses in their waters.

Thanks guys for the welcome.

BDOWNING. I will take you up on that and check it out this October, I was also gonna check out the Westport area as well. As I do like the rivers for flyfishing.

arkinsparkin, Yeah I do hunt divers and puddles in RI. Been doing so for a while, I started hunting MA last year. I actually found a wood duck spot in a State forest. It's one of those state forests that has a lot of hikers and bikers. But a good 15 min walk through a bordering swamp get's me to the hole. Well far away enough from any harrasing anti's. Shallow water to.

It did freeze over in Nov. though.

I also have another spot for puddles in a MA WMA. But I need to get a little canoe wheel carrying thing to get there. Looks good though.

I do LOVE hunting those Geese. I hit the goose fields in RI a lot. BUt I have aquired private land permission near my house in MA on a farm for geese. I just give him a striper or two.

NO Sundays? ***! We gotta do something about that.

And yes RI has a longer deer season if you hunt with a bow, It goes right on through the end of Jan. Well worth it for an out of stae bow hunter. Plus st starts earlier than MA. Oct. 1st.

beers.gif

View PostThere's also talk that licensing may include reciprocity with states that will offer the same to Mass licenses in their waters.

That would be awsome.

View PostThanks guys for the welcome.

BDOWNING. I will take you up on that and check it out this October, I was also gonna check out the Westport area as well. As I do like the rivers for flyfishing.

arkinsparkin, Yeah I do hunt divers and puddles in RI. Been doing so for a while, I started hunting MA last year. I actually found a wood duck spot in a State forest. It's one of those state forests that has a lot of hikers and bikers. But a good 15 min walk through a bordering swamp get's me to the hole. Well far away enough from any harrasing anti's. Shallow water to.

It did freeze over in Nov. though.

I also have another spot for puddles in a MA WMA. But I need to get a little canoe wheel carrying thing to get there. Looks good though.

I do LOVE hunting those Geese. I hit the goose fields in RI a lot. BUt I have aquired private land permission near my house in MA on a farm for geese. I just give him a striper or two.

NO Sundays? ***! We gotta do something about that.

And yes RI has a longer deer season if you hunt with a bow, It goes right on through the end of Jan. Well worth it for an out of stae bow hunter. Plus st starts earlier than MA. Oct. 1st.

beers.gif

Glad to hear it, Nothing beats first birds of legal, black sillouetes, cupped wings, feet a swinging. Having to wait to bag next mallard because your not sure if first was a hen. And, nothing holds the magic of goose hunting in the middle of your decoy spread, laying concealed amongst your super mags, geese hitting the ground in front of you, so main flock commits so your buddies all get one. Great experiences!!

As far as Sundays goes, it's religion or booze; guns and hunting are bad, you sinner