Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
big popper

Who controls the money in your house...

Rate this topic

53 posts in this topic

She has hers, I have mine......no questions asked, either way.......smile.gif

Although she cuts the checks for the bills (mortgage, cable, electric, heating oil, insurance, stuff like that).....neither one of us use credit cards, so that is not an issue....each month, I deposit my share for the household bills in her account, and she writes and mails the checks.

She does, thank God - I'm a budgetary train wreck. freak.gif

When we were dating she took over my finances (rent, utility bills, insurance, food, entertainment etc.) and embezzled $1600 in about 6 months without me knowing it. cwm13.gif

So I HAD to marry her to get it back - so I thought. redface.gif

View Postis you or your wife.do you think you do a better job at it.In my house it for the most part WAS my wife but thats all about to change.

Why the coming change?

We both do, equally. Neither of us make any big purchases, say over 25-30 bucks, without consulting the other. We also have a budget I did up in Microsoft Excel that lays out what goes where and when, and how much we have left over, etc. That system has kept us pretty sane when it comes money, and the arguments to a minimum. beers.gif

View PostShe has hers, I have mine......no questions asked, either way.......smile.gif

Although she cuts the checks for the bills (mortgage, cable, electric, heating oil, insurance, stuff like that).....neither one of us use credit cards, so that is not an issue....each month, I deposit my share for the household bills in her account, and she writes and mails the checks.

this is what Shannon and I both do. I works very very well for us.