Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Haverodwilltravel

Border Solution

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

Instead of hunting these snakes why don't they relocate themhighfive.gif

TAMPA, Fla.-Florida Gov. Charlie Crist ® July 15 said state wildlife officials would take steps to control pythons in the Everglades and on other state lands. Crist said the spread of the Burmese python, a nonnative species classified in the state as a reptile of concern, into Everglades National Park and other areas was a threat.

Crist's action came a day after U.S. Sen. Bill Nelson (D-Fla.) said an estimated 100,000 or more pythons roam the Everglades and urged Interior Secretary Ken Salazar to allow deputized agents and volunteers into the Everglades National Park "to kill as many of the menacing snakes as possible" in a special winter hunt.

Nelson's call came after a pet python strangled a toddler in central Florida. In February, Nelson introduced S. 373, a bill that would amend the federal criminal code to add pythons as an injurious species prohibited from import into the United States.

The program initially is to focus on state lands south of Lake Okeechobee, according to Crist's statement. The permitting program is to be carried out by volunteer herpetology experts, and captured Burmese pythons would be killed for the value of their meat and hides.

The program is to run through the winter, then reviewed for effectiveness, the statement said.

'sides, pythons aren't any big deal. They have to be well over 16 feet before they're a serious threat to a healthy adult male heterosexual human being.

I think we should dispense with all the pansy methods and just start setting landmines.

I had to get rid of my 3 Snakes, 2 Red Tail Boas each about 10 feet long, and a Reticulated Python about 14 feet long because they could eat babies litteraly from a few days old to about 10 yro children...

Man I miss them. I gave them to the Staten Island Zoo.

I also had to get rid of my 2 savannah monitors which were 3 and 4 1/2 feet long and my Nile (Water) Monitor was only 2 feet long.mad.gif

They put a ban on all the above reptiles and I am effing pissed!

You should have seen what the savannah monitors did yo a full grown live rabbit!

Awesome...

View Post You should have seen what the savannah monitors did yo a full grown live rabbit!

Awesome...

Congratulations, people like you are part of the reason they banned them.

View PostCongratulations, people like you are part of the reason they banned them.

cwm27.gif

Nope it was people like Peta and Progressives and Liberals who did that. Because we gave live food for them to eat, like rabbits rats and chickens.

What do you think they eat in the wild? Lolipops, Sunshine and rainbows?kooky.gif

Nope anything they can fit in them...

View PostCongratulations, people like you are part of the reason they banned them.

You shoudn't fish then Likwid, because hooking a fish is torture. You should only pet the sea kittens!cwm27.gif

View PostYou shoudn't fish then Likwid, because hooking a fish is torture. You should only pet the sea kittens!cwm27.gif

Because you're one of the people who feed live animals to reptiles exposing them to the danger of being injured? Yeah you're smart.

I've lost count of how many burms, red tails, monitors etc. I've seen with major bite marks because some idiot decided putting a live rodent in the enclosure was smart and would be entertaining.

And YOU haven't seen anything until you've seen a B&W Tegu @ 5 feet erupt from under a foot of bark onto a dead rat and disembowel it happily. They're more violent a feeder than a Bluefish.

Savannah Monitors are typically pin and shake predators. They don't have quite the violent teeth a Tegu (bluefish like razors) or an Asian Water Monitor (recurved, made to grab fish, or grab rodents and drown them) have.

Here's a baby Asian Water Monitor.

hannibalbg.jpg

View PostBecause you're one of the people who feed live animals to reptiles exposing them to the danger of being injured? Yeah you're smart.

I've lost count of how many burms, red tails, monitors etc. I've seen with major bite marks because some idiot decided putting a live rodent in the enclosure was smart and would be entertaining.

And YOU haven't seen anything until you've seen a B&W Tegu @ 5 feet erupt from under a foot of bark onto a dead rat and disembowel it happily. They're more violent a feeder than a Bluefish.

Savannah Monitors are typically pin and shake predators. They don't have quite the violent teeth a Tegu (bluefish like razors) or an Asian Water Monitor (recurved, made to grab fish, or grab rodents and drown them) have.

Not one of my reptiles were injured, so relax.

Now I ask you this, you mean to tell me that only reptile held in captivity get injured by live prey?

View PostWere they live or did you kill them?

I always whacked the rats off the side of the tank before tossing them into Rosie. She would never strike until they started to come to and move.